How do I not kill the Joiner Guardian?

Radiowood

I am on Alderaan, and supposed to knock-out and inoculate a Joiner Guardian. The problem is, I keep killing them.

They are always in a group of Kiliik enemies. I target the Joiner, lob a charge and then try to get close to deliver the inoculation from my inventory. But by the time I do so, they are dead. Am I supposed to put my companion Corso on passive, or something? Or can I target the Kiliiks and leave the Joiner alone until they are done with?

I am on Alderaan, and supposed to knock-out and inoculate a Joiner Guardian. The problem is, I keep killing them.

They are always in a group of Kiliik enemies. I target the Joiner, lob a charge and then try to get close to deliver the inoculation from my inventory. But by the time I do so, they are dead. Am I supposed to put my companion Corso on passive, or something? Or can I target the Kiliiks and leave the Joiner alone until they are done with?

Try hot keying the 'delivery'. I have the bottom of the left quickslots bound to ' (and the second from the bottom as shift ' just in case). You can drag the item from inventory to the quickslot and use ' to trigger it, which is much faster. Works for anything you have to use from inventory.