What levels are your Adversaries?

Veridic

I really don't know because I've been focused on my own character. I am sure there will be people higher level than me--that's a given. But eventually I'll be 50 and will be at the "top" too (until the first xpac anyway).

Your adversaries, you know- if you were a part of a guild and chose an "Adversary" someone you pre-determine will make for a fun foe? The awesome function they allotted for but didn't consider the effect of staggering invites- that thing.

Your adversaries, you know- if you were a part of a guild and chose an "Adversary" someone you pre-determine will make for a fun foe? The awesome function they allotted for but didn't consider the effect of staggering invites- that thing.

Oh yeah... I wasn't even thinking of that, sorry. Our adversaries didn't end up on the same server as we did :(

I entered expecting a troll. I read a few posts and did not leave disappointed

You sir...

Are welcome.

Also, all the threads about "ZOMG WHEN WILL I GET IN, SOMEONE MUST KNOW" and super crazy spreadsheets were both getting my hopes up and making me sad.

For serious though, how is this not a concern to real PvP'rs?

Oh yeah... I wasn't even thinking of that, sorry. Our adversaries didn't end up on the same server as we did :(

No need to be sorry, I'm just amused that this has yet to be discussed- a very valid point to why staggering invites could be problematic.

-Real PvPers aren't concerned with fair.

-Unless most your guild didn't get in and most your adversary guild did, not an issue because there will be people of all levels on both sides.

-You can't camp lowbie zones, so you don't have to worry about level 40s ganking you on Korriban.

-You should have preordered earlier if you thought this was an issue.

No need to be sorry, I'm just amused that this has yet to be discussed- a very valid point to why staggering invites could be problematic.

Hehe... I am glad you cleared it up. My first though was, I have no idea what level those other guys are? :D But yeah, it is a topic that hasn't been discussed--which is kind of odd. Maybe people aren't to the point where they are doing all that much fighting (I don't know, I am a terribly slow leveler so I tend to be a bit behind the curve on these things).

You sir...

Are welcome.

Also, all the threads about "ZOMG WHEN WILL I GET IN, SOMEONE MUST KNOW" and super crazy spreadsheets were both getting my hopes up and making me sad.

It's a concern for me as I'm rolling with some guild mates on a pvp server from our old SWG days. I believe some of the rival guilds (much hate between us) may also be on the same server. The thing is, I've had this happen in other games as well and I already know I'm going to get ganked a bunch. It's going to slow things down which sucks, but I'll be 50 soon enough and then I'm going to return the favor to their lowbies. Tis the circle of hate. :D

-Real PvPers aren't concerned with fair.

-Unless most your guild didn't get in and most your adversary guild did, not an issue because there will be people of all levels on both sides.

-You can't camp lowbie zones, so you don't have to worry about level 40s ganking you on Korriban.

-You should have preordered earlier if you thought this was an issue.

-I said real PvP'rs not "Lolzomg I ganked this bro at 15% health" kids who feel like that was an accomplishment... from your inference... you're going to gank me at 1% hp with 40 of your bros while listening to dubstep.

-Most of us didn't get in yet, but this isn't a concern of mine because our adversaries are actually really awesome people. I have waned from my days of super cereal rush cap and camp noobs. Our adversaries are good people- I'm just wondering about some of you...

-Oh korriban? Good, so people don't need to worry about it for a couple hours- that's good.

-I didn't fanboi the living he-double hockeysticks- out of this game, so I did not know there was going to be a priority queue. Otherwise, I wouldn't have pre-ordered at all and I would have brought my guild onto a fresh launch server.

Thanks for the reply!

It's a concern for me as I'm rolling with some guild mates on a pvp server from our old SWG days. I believe some of the rival guilds (much hate between us) may also be on the same server. The thing is, I've had this happen in other games as well and I already know I'm going to get ganked a bunch. It's going to slow things down which sucks, but I'll be 50 soon enough and then I'm going to return the favor to their lowbies. Tis the circle of hate. :D

THIS is what I'm talking about... after years of rolling with some dirty HC pvp guilds I know that there have to be some super irritated people right now. It irritates me and I'm not even one of them anymore.

And I'm happy you will be returning the favor. I would make a macro that says "Thank bioware for EGA and your demise!" or something dumb yet meaningful to spam after I one shot someone.

Hehe... I am glad you cleared it up. My first though was, I have no idea what level those other guys are? :D But yeah, it is a topic that hasn't been discussed--which is kind of odd. Maybe people aren't to the point where they are doing all that much fighting (I don't know, I am a terribly slow leveler so I tend to be a bit behind the curve on these things).

I'm thinking it's because so many people are concerned about when they are getting in, they lost site of what is really important... When are your enemies arriving...

-I said real PvP'rs not "Lolzomg I ganked this bro at 15% health" kids who feel like that was an accomplishment... from your inference... you're going to gank me at 1% hp with 40 of your bros while listening to dubstep.

-Most of us didn't get in yet, but this isn't a concern of mine because our adversaries are actually really awesome people. I have waned from my days of super cereal rush cap and camp noobs. Our adversaries are good people- I'm just wondering about some of you...

-Oh korriban? Good, so people don't need to worry about it for a couple hours- that's good.

-I didn't fanboi the living he-double hockeysticks- out of this game, so I did not know there was going to be a priority queue. Otherwise, I wouldn't have pre-ordered at all and I would have brought my guild onto a fresh launch server.

Thanks for the reply!

- Every "real" PvPer I see here defends ganking noobs as part of the experience. It's good you don't...I don't either. Noob gankers are no skill ham fisted socially mal-adjusted mouth breathers.

- Sounds like you have nothing to worry about then.

- Actually, you're safe from ganking until at much later than the starting planets...that was just an example.

- You've been registered here long enough that you should have gotten an email when preorders were available, and even back then they said your early access was based on when you redeemed your preorder code. Sorry you consider reading an email to be fanboying it up.

You're welcome.

Edited by ChicksDigHarleys

- Every "real" PvPer I see here defends ganking noobs as part of the experience. It's good you don't...I don't either. Noob gankers are no skill ham fisted socially mal-adjusted mouth breathers.

- Sounds like you have nothing to worry about then.

- Actually, you're safe from ganking until at much later than the starting planets...that was just an example.

- You've been registered here long enough that you should have gotten an email when preorders were available, and even back then they said your early access was based on when you redeemed your preorder code. Sorry you consider reading an email to be fanboying it up.

You're welcome.

- You are a sir *tips the hat*

- This is a question for everyone, I'm not worried about myself, merely stirring the pot in my anticipation- or revisited teenage angst, whichever you prefer.

- Bad example, I accept your apology.

- Never read the e-mail because the majority of the ones they sent out didn't catch my interest. I also figured something important like this would have been made apparent by what I hoped would have been an outpouring of criticisms. Then again, maybe I just really hoped something that silly wouldn't be done.

I never said thank you but you are most certainly welcome to thank me... Or welcome me... which you did... so thanks.

Yes, the staggering invites are problematic but in the end, everyone will be at level 50 together.

One positive to look at here instead of always looking at the negative side, is if you have friends who got in first and will most likely be higher level, they can come help with harder or heroic quests.

So, don't fret it guys. Eventually, we will all be at max level in no time and be having fun with friends and the like.