Will there be new Classes in this game like Tera Kasi!?

Tethyr

Personally I would like there to be an all around brawler-like class. One path could be a weapons using and the other teras kasi. This way you can be hand to hand or use techstaffs and vibroswords. Currently as a BH my favorite companion was Torian who was basically a techstaff using powertech. I thought it was really cool way to be melee and not be a jedi/sith. Something like that that can use armor and have weapons/tech and maybe can be a buffer/debuffer type who uses tech like "paladin auras". It's hard to think about because they kind of have everything rolled into all 8 paths...

I highly doubt seeing a tera kasi type class in the future seeing how operative/scoundrel are about the equivalent of a TK in this game. Also it seems like they messed up on the OP/Sco classes so bad they had to change major class mechanics in less than 2 months after launch.

I don't really trust these guys making a Tera Kasi class, it would bring shame to the infamous Tera Kasi Master in SWG, which will be the best single class in MMO history. :p

Never say never. However, I don't think it's possible they'll add new classes before the game reaches six months.

I'm guessing if SWTOR adopts an expansion roughly every six months. You'll be looking at new classes perhaps in the second expansion or a year from release.

You think this game will have an expansion every six months lol? I'm thinking it will be more along the lines of Blizzard's timeline, like one every few YEARS.

Highly unlikely. Adding two entire storylines with the associated voice acting would be extremely expensive.

And yet not adding in something like a new class regardless of implementation costs will cause them to lose revenue over time.. therefore imo it is inevitable that there will be some new class at some point.

Agreed, never say never. I would expect they'll follow suit with any other mmo and eventually add more classes on both sides in addition to the possibility of making some cross faction classes available too.

Just don't expect it this soon into a new game. I'd be surprised if we get any new classes the first year of the game to be honest.

As for the price tag attached? Now that the game is live they can cut some costs to voice acting by doing some in house additions. "Wasn't that the lead designer in the new content? I could swear it sounded like the guy from that interview..."

Don't be surprised if it happens. Didn't Bioware do some of that with Baldur's Gate and some of those characters were very popular.

"Heya, it's me; Imoen!"

How about balancing out the CURRENT classes we do have now? I don't think they will be adding any new classes until they fix the ones we have I HOPE.....it would just be stupid to add new classes while the current ones we have need buffs and nerfs.

As much as I would love to have new classes added, I would much rather this game gets alot more "polished" before they even think of making new content lol :D. I love the game already, just waiting for some much needed "polishing".

by the time they add first expansion, swtor will probably have 2 servers running, 1 pve and other pvp. both with green light population.

i honestly don't see many players staying when other mmo gets released.

Not every one is a pvp die fan. I for one won't be playing that other mmorpg cause it's not a pve centric game.

Just remember that new classes for this game means - new story/voice acting/and updating every leveling planet in the game for the classes new phases.

Not saying its not gonna happen, but its a much bigger deal than adding death knights was for WoW.. all they had to do was make a new starting zone in EPL, throw in a couple sentences of voice acting, and then they merged into the game that was already there.

You think this game will have an expansion every six months lol? I'm thinking it will be more along the lines of Blizzard's timeline, like one every few YEARS.

Paid expansion or content patch, yes I do think every six months we'll see something. The size of that something is what's up for debate.