Huttball...

Griftter

I have posted about this before...but I wish we had force push or pull. I sometimes feel so useless in Huttball because I have no way to stop the ball carrier other and stasis or FLing for a 1 sec root.

We are pure DPS and Melee to boot, I just don't see why we don't have as much CC as say another DPS class like GunSlinger.

Granted I am not 50 yet but again taking the GS as an example they get almost all of their CC by level 20.

Gunslinger has Crotch Kick, Stun Grenade, and a knockback with root, and a range root.

Would love to just have something to push or pull the ball carrier off a platform.

Medals aren't = to a win buddy

You can medal farm all you want, but that doesn't even remotely come close to making you an asset to your team in a warzone like huttball, where its all about positioning yourself and other players.

Sentinels get royally screwed most of the time with the plethora of knockbacks, its really needs some work.

Aside from my many problems with our advanced class I think we do have a role to fill in Huttball. It's just hard to specify that role as any one thing.

Force Leap has been very, very, very useful in Huttball as a primary example. If a ball handler is out of reach of the rest of your group you Force Leap and attempt to stun, even for a second, to allow your group to to catch up and help dps down the ball handler if you haven't done it already.

Alternatively, sometimes being in the pit by the scoreline isn't a bad place to be either. You can always Force Leap up once the enemies spawn and come forward and you've made yourself open for catching and scoring.

Since our class is situational this gives us situational roles in Huttball as well. It isn't all about DPSing.

Catch the ball, throw the ball, get the ball over the line any way possible.

I'm a combat spec Sent and feel it's about as effective as my Guardian in Huttball. Maybe even more so in a number of ways Roots off crippling throw, Master's strike (Only 50% chance for me), force leap, stasis, snare, and awe are great tools for screwing over the carrier. Leaping interceptions are fun too. We also dish out heavy dps in any of our specs--haven't tested focus but both the others are great single target dps--which forces the carrier to pass or die.

As ball carriers? Transcendence, Combat's increased mid-combat movement speed, Guarded by the force, Rebuke, Saberward, and Pacify work wonders for reaching the line. Silly Bounty Hunter grappling you into the fire? Guarded + Medpack. Walk out calmy. Giggle at confused bounty hunter and continue toward the line. Knockback is still a problem, but they're one of the select few with the ability to deal with it using leap. Not always possible, but still can be a huge advantage.

Guarded is also great for slow throwers. Essentially gives you 5 guaranteed seconds of throw time.

Using the short stealth to get into a desired catching area and limiting player aggro is also useful.

I love Sent utility in Huttball. Guards are truly incredible there, but Sents are certainly not without merit.

Edited by Calouse

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.