Getting sick of these 2AM system shutdowns.

acelesson

hardly. the bug was not apparent until it high pop servers, the PTR obiously isnt getting enough people to bring high load

and silkforcalde bye bye. because the world obviously revolves around what is good for you, bugger the other players

Sorry they don't have algorthims for simulating server load?

I'm going to really start worrying about Bioware if they don't.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its midnight for 1 timezone. For all the others, its no longer prime time. It's 1-3am. I'd also venture to guess a lot of 9-5ers are in bed by midnigt due to waking up early for work.

Once you take the Oceanics out of the equation, you only have the students and those with wacky schedules.

For one time zone? You mean the time zone of the realm I play on, the only time zone that matters.

And I would say that AT MOST 10-15% of Americans work 9-5. Where I work, there are no people that work at 9-5 and I work at one of the largest employers in my state. Where I work, the shifts are 7 am - 3 pm, 3 pm to 11 pm, and 11 pm to 7 am and each of these shifts has the exact same amount of employees. These are very common shifts. In a large city, there are a ton of 24 hour businesses. There are also millions of unemployed Americans. Saying the majority of Americans work 9 - 5 is hilariously ignorant.

Edited by silkforcalde

For one time zone? You mean the time zone of the realm I play on, the only time zone that matters.

And I would say that AT MOST 10-15% of Americans work 9-5. Where I work, there are no people that work at 9-5 and I work at one of the largest employers in my state. Where I work, the shifts are 7 am - 3 pm, 3 pm to 11 pm, and 11 pm to 7 am. These are very common shifts. In a large city, there are a ton of 24 hour businesses. There are also millions of unemployed Americans. Saying the majority of Americans work 9 - 5 is hilariously ignorant.

stop acting like a self entitled child. thats the down time get over it. and stop pulling numbers out of your butt.

I can do the same but in another thread a little laughing thing that jabba the hutt has poped out.

Its midnight for 1 timezone. For all the others, its no longer prime time. It's 1-3am. I'd also venture to guess a lot of 9-5ers are in bed by midnigt due to waking up early for work.

Once you take the Oceanics out of the equation, you only have the students and those with wacky schedules.

Students are very lucky though, I'm a history student in the UK and only have 12 tuition hours a week (fortunately they're good for the maintenance as most is early morning) so they can be factored out as they have such free schedules they can pretty much play whenever.

Also to the guy that posted before you, I was hoping the Saturday downtime of 8 hours was going to be to add the /roll function. To no avail though :)

And I would say that AT MOST 10-15% of Americans work 9-5. Where I work, there are no people that work at 9-5 and I work at one of the largest employers in my state. Where I work, the shifts are 7 am - 3 pm, 3 pm to 11 pm, and 11 pm to 7 am. These are very common shifts. In a large city, there are a ton of 24 hour businesses. There are also millions of unemployed Americans. Saying the majority of Americans work 9 - 5 is hilariously ignorant.

I dont recall saying the majority of workers are 9-5ers. :confused: Also, can you give me hard data? Id be very intyerested to see the statistics of times people work!

You're right. Its the one that matters to you. If it doesnt suit you, you are welcome to quit if you wish for a game that fits you better. I wish you well.

Edited by Clova

stop acting like a self entitled child. thats the down time get over it. and stop pulling numbers out of your butt.

I can do the same but in another thread a little laughing thing that jabba the hutt has poped out.

LOL? I pay to play this game. If I can't play it, I won't pay for it. Self-entitled? Do you even have any idea what that means?

Seriously? WE ARE AMERICANS. WE ARE NOT EUROPEANS. WE ARE THE ONES COMPLAINING. NOT THE EUROPEANS. THE AMERICANS.

Yes, it's the Americans complaining about it being in the early hours of the morning whereas the rest of the world has it at some point during the day.

Not all but the Americans that are whining need to step beyong their borders sometimes and realise that there is a world out there and it bears a surprising small fraction of Americans

So what is the point of getting the servers up for a 6AM deadline? It makes NO sense. Have you logged in at 7am before? It is dead! Im talking 20-40 on imperial fleet...

at 2AM, there is 100-130 on Imp fleet.

The times need to be moved, it shouldn't even be up for debate.

Yes, it's the Americans complaining about it being in the early hours of the morning whereas the rest of the world has it at some point during the day.

Not all but the Americans that are whining need to step beyong their borders sometimes and realise that there is a world out there and it bears a surprising small fraction of Americans

... what? No, downtime doesn't happen in the early hours of the morning. It happens at midnight.

So what is the point of getting the servers up for a 6AM deadline? It makes NO sense. Have you logged in at 7am before? It is dead! Im talking 20-40 on imperial fleet...

Exactly. I've been online at 7 am and it's laughable, there's almost no one online. At 2 AM, it's hopping and busier than ever.

LOL? I pay to play this game. If I can't play it, I won't pay for it. Self-entitled? Do you even have any idea what that means?

yea (removed comment about education system) It means that an individual believes he is entitled to have whatever he want when he want it, without regard to what is fair or reasonable to others

I pay to play the game too, i also pay them to ensure that its not going to freeze and guess what they making it so its not going to freeze.

the world doesn't revolve around you, your complain im not going to say is invalid because everyone has the right to voice their opinion. just as i have the right to ask you to stop silly and accept that the time the picked is the best possible.

perfect no

best possible

Depends. I REALLY didnt enjoy not being able to get on til 1pm in WoW. Not to mention whenever it was extended, it could go on to 3pm, 4pm, 5pm...ect. If it ever had to be extended, wouldnt you rather have it end earlier in the day for ya'll?

No because at 6am there are 160+ on the fleets on the EU servers.

Depending on which figures you go by, we in the EU are either just under half the subscribers or a solid third of the subscribers.

Still not morning. That's late night. Morning doesn't start until the sun rises.

Well, now we're going to argue semantics, because the majority of people i know regard am designation as "morning", so Im just gonna pass on that.

yea (removed comment about education system) it means that an individual believes he is entitled to have whatever he want when he want it, without regard to what is fair or reasonable to others

i pay to play the game too, i also pay them to ensure that its not going to freeze and guess what they making it so its not going to freeze.

The world doesn't revolve around you, your complain im not going to say is invalid because everyone has the right to voice their opinion. Just as i have the right to ask you to stop silly and accept that the time the picked is the best possible.

Perfect no

best possible

are you listening? At all? Downtime in this game happens during prime time.

During

prime

time

it has nothing to do with just me

during

prime

time

Depends. I REALLY didnt enjoy not being able to get on til 1pm in WoW. Not to mention whenever it was extended, it could go on to 3pm, 4pm, 5pm...ect. If it ever had to be extended, wouldnt you rather have it end earlier in the day for ya'll?

No. I don't play video games during the daytime. Why would you want to play games during the daytime? Go to work.

And I would say that AT MOST 10-15% of Americans work 9-5. Where I work, there are no people that work at 9-5 and I work at one of the largest employers in my state. Where I work, the shifts are 7 am - 3 pm, 3 pm to 11 pm, and 11 pm to 7 am and each of these shifts has the exact same amount of employees. These are very common shifts. In a large city, there are a ton of 24 hour businesses. There are also millions of unemployed Americans. Saying the majority of Americans work 9 - 5 is hilariously ignorant.

10-15%? Are you actually being serious? Why do you think rush hour on the roads is 8-10 and 4-6? That's because it's when the majority go to and from their places of work. Saying that such a small amount work 9-5 (with small variances of course) is incredibly ignorant of not only the general world but also social influences such as education that would dictate the times you work. You say these are common shifts yet in the stores at this time it will be running with a skeleton crew who simply keep the store running and virtually nothing else. Moreover, if you believe that everyone works in 24 hours business you're so far from the truth there's not even a point in me shouting it at you.

Stop not only creating false statistics as this only proves you have nothing to base your argument on but also the fact that you can't percieve people that live a different lifestyle to you only shows the hilarity of your ignorance.

This.

WoW's downtimes are ideal -- absolutely ideal.

Oh, and you know what? They only happen once a week. What a shocking policy. :rolleyes:

Look at the length of time both games have had out then think about....think about it some more....think about why frequency of maintenance may be different....then come back