Exar Kun vs Darth Caedus

BrandonSM

I read the Young Jedi Knights when I was a kiddie but never followed-up into the expanded universe much. What books would be recommended to read about the later-life exploits of Jaina and Jacen (and in what order)?

Thanks!

The New Jedi Order series is where you want to start. It's a non-sith war, which is a good change of pace, and the order gets pushed to nearly breaking.

As far as the lost tribe goes, considering they laid dormant and inactive in the greater galactic picture for such a long time, I do not see why they would decide to appear now and make a major war [...]

You are aware they didn't have a choice in the matter, correct? Until the Sith Meditation Sphere arrived, the only starship on Kesh was the Omen - which was irreparable and 5000 years old, and there were no materials on the planet with which to construct new starships. Since the arrival of the Sphere, the Lost Tribe has quietly built up a relatively sizable fleet and they adhere to the ways of the old Sith Empire. War is therefore inevitable, because the Lost Tribe will absolutely one day seek the destruction of the GA and the Jedi Order.

Abeloth, for her part, is ancient, incredibly powerful, desires to be worshiped by the entire galaxy, and is currently impersonating an individual who may become the next Chief of State of the GA. That's a potent recipe for disaster.

We don't know enough about Abeloth and the Lost Tribe to actively suggest their future respective movements in the galaxy, so as I have stated already, as far as we know, right in this moment, Jacen brought about a peace that would last until at least 130 years ABY.

You're right - we don't know enough (i.e., anything), which is my entire point. It's ridiculous to claim Jacen "brought about a peace" that would last for such a long time based solely on the fact that additional stories in the intervening time period haven't been written yet. That's not even an argument; it's an assumption based on nothing at all.

I fully admit that I'm making assumptions as well - but my assumptions at least aren't based on an absence of material.

I read the Young Jedi Knights when I was a kiddie but never followed-up into the expanded universe much. What books would be recommended to read about the later-life exploits of Jaina and Jacen (and in what order)?

The New Jedi Order series was often billed as being the "big coming out" story for the younger generation of Jedi. It was, in part, but the "old guard" (Luke, Han, Leia, and so on) still continued to play a big role, and have continued to do so in the post-NJO novels. After the NJO, you have the Dark Nest trilogy, the Legacy of the Force series, and the Fate of the Jedi series, which concludes next month.

Edited by psychogobstopper

You are aware they didn't have a choice in the matter, correct? Until the Sith Meditation Sphere arrived, the only starship on Kesh was the Omen - which was irreparable and 5000 years old, and there were no materials on the planet with which to construct new starships. Since the arrival of the Sphere, the Lost Tribe has quietly built up a relatively sizable fleet and they adhere to the ways of the old Sith Empire. War is therefore inevitable, because the Lost Tribe will absolutely one day seek the destruction of the GA and the Jedi Order.

We have no idea when that would be, they have a fleet, they could have struck earlier than Allana's birth, or after her death, or even inbetween, which is my point, they haven't struck yet, assuming they will at any given point is absolutely speculation.

You're right - we don't know enough (i.e., anything), which is my entire point. It's ridiculous to claim Jacen "brought about a peace" that would last for such a long time based solely on the fact that additional stories in the intervening time period haven't been written yet. That's not even an argument; it's an assumption based on nothing at all.

Think about this for just a second, maybe I'm not trying to use concrete evidence here, maybe I am just stating what I believe, it's called subjectivity, nothing canonical contradicts this, if something does, I will obviously change my opinion on such a victory, honestly why you decided to randomly attack my statement with the basis 'we don't know this, so don't state such and such.' is beyond my comprehension and I tire of this pointless debate.

[...] honestly why you decided to randomly attack my statement with the basis 'we don't know this, so don't state such and such.' is beyond my comprehension and I tire of this pointless debate.

A disagreement is not an attack. As for the rest, last I checked this was a discussion board, meaning that one should expect discussion based on what they have posted. Pretty simple, really.

A disagreement is not an attack. As for the rest, last I checked this was a discussion board, meaning that one should expect discussion based on what they have posted. Pretty simple, really.

It was a subjective post based solely on why i was impressed with him, you attacked it stating it wasn't canonical when it was never meant to be in the first place, this is a discussion thread, but debating with someone over a subjective opinion with canonical fact is pointless.