SWTOR Myth Busting

Holt

Some common myths busted!

http://swordinbox.com/post/14219150877/swtor-early-access-and-launch-myths

Highlights

• Players are exploiting PvP Warzone XP due to “low” population.
  • Bioware promised me X days of early access.
  • There are already level 50 folks.
  • Why did the person who redeemed after me already get an invite?
  • Toons will be wiped out after Early Access

Thanks for the post.

It's good to know that some random blog on the internet with absolutely no connection whatsoever to Bioware, LA, or even EA was able to provide everyone with accurate and certainly not false information.

Thanks for the post.

It's good to know that some random blog on the internet with absolutely no connection whatsoever to Bioware, LA, or even EA was able to provide everyone with accurate and certainly not false information.

For the record though, all of my sources are Official Bioware employees (and linked in the blog post). All I did was gather the information and put the common myths into one location.

Edited by Holt

Thanks for the post.

But the only source he is using is EA/BW... just throwing that out for the conspiracy nuts... but I do agree with everything that blog stated.

Highlights

I got Two!

This is a successful launch

There is no que's

this is wrong

people are doing that by queing while questing, so they are getting both XP rewards.

noone would make a quest in the 60 or so seconds that it takes to join a BF and get kicked out of it due to underpopulation.

basically people are getting xp from mob quests, every here and there a bump of free xp by exploiting the wfs, and then the exp for completing the quest 1 minute later.

sorry but the damage control lies arent covering the truth

Edited by blackcerberus

There is no que's

I added the no wait queues.

This is a successful launch

I don't mind adding that one but I would like all of the information at least founded on facts and that one one is pretty subjective. My *guess* is that you would find more folks saying it was a successful launch then the number of folks saying it's not a successful launch. But again, that's just my guess.

this is wrong

people are doing that by queing while questing, so they are getting both XP rewards.

noone would make a quest in the 60 or so seconds that it takes to join a BF and get kicked out of it due to underpopulation.

basically people are getting xp from mob quests, every here and there a bump of free xp by exploiting the wfs, and then the exp for completing the quest 1 minute later.

sorry but the damage control lies arent covering the truth

Good points. However, I have some questions.

1. Wouldn't it take time to join the pvp war zones to just collect the xp take away from trying to complete quests? I.e. I'm in the middle of a quest and jump into a war zone will cause me to have to spend time to get back to where I was in the quest, no?

Given that, is it still possible that staying on the quests is the fastest means possible?

2. Is it really an exploit or just the nature of the temporary low population?

I'm not out for damage control but as an engineer I always seek the facts. Any info is appreciated.

Highlights

Do you realize that by tomorrow #1 and #3 will be proven true? lol

Though the exploiting isn't really exploiting. It's the way xp is setup for pvp. If you pvp and only pvp and compare it to someone who does all the quests with story and no spacebar and throw in some gathering and crafting, the pvp advancement will be much faster.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.