PVP gear Deception?

LordbishopX

pvp and deception dont mix. end of discussion

Do not listen to this guy.

He's mad that he ran into the middle of a group of guys and couldn't 1v4 them.

Deception is amazing once you learn how to take advantage of its strengths.

and what are its strengths? Please tell me I would love a laugh.

Please tell me you're for real?

Am I.....getting....trolled right now?

EDIT: I might have come of as, Deception is end all be all PVP build, which is NOT the case. Not even close. But it is very viable, and will be competitive with a few small tweaks.

Edited by Kursyu

Your an angry man, deception owns... you just dont know how to play it, you already pointed out that you burst when people use their invul so correct your bad play :)

Its not called burst if people can pop invul is it?

In pvp there are things a player can control. These things are called skills when controlled well the player is called skilled.

Then there are things a player cant control. HP amount, Damage output, Duration of CC.

How long does a focused Deception assassin live when he is being targeted?

How long Does invul and shields last?

Answer these questions if you have any clue to what your talking about. If you did you wouldnt post asinine statements.

Edited by Shalashasa

One of the other forum posters stated it best, "Deception is HARD mode".

This is a viable PVP class, but you're going to need to work at it. Having a razor Naga or something comparable is almost mandatory.

You can't rinse and repeat command rolls with deception. You need to pick you targets. You can't get into a one on two plus if you want to stay alive. You need to learn how to run. You need to learn how to use SLOW, Low Slash, Control Abilities and be smart with them.

You can't play on auto pilot. Will you beat an expert player tank one on one? NO. Will you be able to take a true expert DPS build? NO. Will you be able to ax a healer? YES.

For better or worse you are dependent on players being distracted. You need to be opportunistic. The whole point of your build is positioning, planning, striking and getting the hell out when things go wrong.

I can't tell you how many times I was able to use most if not all of my talents to bail out a group mate in PVP and Flashpoints.

Last, don't forget your taunts, you can mess things up, create confusion, and get out before you get killed.

It just takes skill, dedication, and watching what works with other players.

Youtube helps for those who need to be shown.

Please tell me you're for real?

Am I.....getting....trolled right now?

EDIT: I might have come of as, Deception is end all be all PVP build, which is NOT the case. Not even close. But it is very viable, and will be competitive with a few small tweaks.

Not trolling at all. I seriously, very seriously would love to know what strengths does an at least 31 spec'd Deception has.

Its not called burst if people can pop invul is it?

In pvp there are things a player can control. These things are called skills when controlled well the player is called skilled.

Then there are things a player cant control. HP amount, Damage output, Duration of CC.

How long does a focused Deception assassin live when he is being targeted?

How long Does invul and shields last?

Answer these questions if you have any clue to what your talking about. If you did you wouldnt post asinine statements.

Why you so mad? am top 90% of the time with 2/31/8 :)

You just need to learn when to use the nice abilities :) bless...

Not trolling at all. I seriously, very seriously would love to know what strengths does an at least 31 spec'd Deception has.

So you're saying you have been playing since beta and you don't know what 31 deception assassin strengths are? lol... nice troll

Dude. Stop trashing every thread in here with this garbage. No one takes you seriously, and those of us who have been successful with Deception are just laughing at you.

Go. Away.

Just the OP asking anyone with some advice on the PVP gear is the 2 set bonus worth it vs getting the focus?

yes. if you already have a decent focus it is worth it in PVP but not pve. Deception is one of the only classes with no range and very melee dependant. If someone gets 30m from you then they either escaped or your going to die.

yes. if you already have a decent focus it is worth it in PVP but not pve. Deception is one of the only classes with no range and very melee dependant. If someone gets 30m from you then they either escaped or your going to die.

I'm not saying Deception is better than Darkness...because it's not. I'm darkness right now even.

Other than being probably the squishiest spec in the game, what else bothers you?

I'm not saying Deception is better than Darkness...because it's not. I'm darkness right now even.

Other than being probably the squishiest spec in the game, what else bothers you?

Defensive:

its low utility and has low survival. I dont mind being a glass cannon if I have the tools to counter. As it stands now most classes have a shields that outlast the amount of hits it takes to kill a Deception Assassin.

Offensive:

Again it has very low amount of skills to utilize effectively. A 31 spec Deception player has only one combo.

VS,VS, Shock

You may throw electrocute in there to ensure you hit them with a discharge/shock combo to deal the highest amount of possible damage with a Recklessness and few trinkets popped in.

In this case you put all your eggs in one basket and you better hope that basket kills your opponent because if he is smart enough to break electrocute, pop a shield, or pop a heal your toast.

This is why people think Deception is good. They get the jump on someone and kill them fast and think they did a good job. Though that person maybe just blew all his cooldowns, wasnt paying attention, or was low hp anyway.

I can go on and on...

Edited by Shalashasa

Defensive:

its low utility and has low survival. I dont mind being a glass cannon if I have the tools to counter. As it stands now most classes have a shields that outlast the amount of hits it takes to kill a Deception Assassin.

Offensive:

Again it has very low amount of skills to utilize effectively. A 31 spec Deception player has only one combo.

VS,VS, Shock

You may throw electrocute in there to ensure you hit them with a discharge/shock combo to deal the highest amount of possible damage with a Recklessness and few trinkets popped in.

In this case you put all your eggs in one basket and you better hope that basket kills your opponent because if he is smart enough to break electrocute, pop a shield, or pop a heal your toast.

This is why people think Deception is good. They get the jump on someone and kill them fast and think they did a good job. Though that person maybe just blew all his cooldowns, wasnt paying attention, or was low hp anyway.

I can go on and on...

Isn't that the point of defensive CD. If someone pops that and I'm full decep, I'm not going to stand there and keep beating on him like a raging monkey.

I'm either going to back off and get help, or Force Cloak to reset the fight.

The beauty of PVP is you have team mates.

By all means, continue.

Isn't that the point of defensive CD. If someone pops that and I'm full decep, I'm not going to stand there and keep beating on him like a raging monkey.

I'm either going to back off and get help, or Force Cloak to reset the fight.

The beauty of PVP is you have team mates.

By all means, continue.

You can only force cloak once every 3-4 fights and you can only do your recklessness burst every other fight.

If someone pops a shield that has a CD of 30sec your going to run away? then what come back 5min later and ask him to fight you again? He will do the same thing to you he did before.

In the end the tree just isn't meant for PvP (by the way means Player vs Player. NOT Party vs Party)

If you want to be the sidekick class that needs someone to help you win your battles, then that's fine, go Deception. IMHO your under powered.

Edited by Shalashasa

You can only force cloak once every 3-4 fights and you can only do your recklessness burst every other fight.

If someone pops a shield that has a CD of 30sec your going to run away? then what come back 5min later and ask him to fight you again? He will do the same thing to you he did before.

In the end the tree just isn't meant for PvP (by the way means Player vs Player. NOT Party vs Party)

If you want to be the sidekick class that needs someone to help you win your battles, then that's fine, go Deception. IMHO your under powered.

Which shield has a 30 second CD?

I assume your style of PVP is run around by yourself, in which case obviously Deception is going to get spanked.

I agree that Deception is under powered, it's quite obvious.

Which type of darkness build are you?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.