Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

LFG-tool

joohanse

I am in 2 minds about this.

On one hand I haven't done any of the 50 dungeons yet despite being 50 for 2 weeks (although I have done Eternity Vault... so go figure).

On the other hand I've made a lot of friends while levelling and constantly get people inviting me to PvP groups because they want a good pvp healer.

It's coming out in patch 1.2, but I'll let someone else quote the link.

And the tool will also include LFG for heroics, not just flashpoints. So those still calling it LFD, change your habit and call it LFG now!

Edited by aivedoir

oh gods no, not cross-server. wow died because of it as everyone ending up being complete jerks to each other and communities died.

i love the idea of fighting against a guy im going to be on the same side with in the next battle. way more fun. the idea that a level 10 can be with a level 50 might need some tweaking but tis really good fun. because its not about killing, its about passing the ball or grouping up to withold assault until your pals get there ... its much better fun than traditional pvp in MMO games. the fact i can hide behind stuff and run away and all that ... brilliant. (could do without stealth though, cough cough cough

please dont change pvp, its brilliant.

oh gods no, not cross-server. wow died because of it as everyone ending up being complete jerks to each other and communities died.

i love the idea of fighting against a guy im going to be on the same side with in the next battle. way more fun. the idea that a level 10 can be with a level 50 might need some tweaking but tis really good fun. because its not about killing, its about passing the ball or grouping up to withold assault until your pals get there ... its much better fun than traditional pvp in MMO games. the fact i can hide behind stuff and run away and all that ... brilliant. (could do without stealth though, cough cough cough

please dont change pvp, its brilliant.

Stop trolling please. Nothing you said was even close to reality.

They said that cross server pvp queues will be coming sometime this year, PvE queues have had zero response. Mainly because the last word the devs said about it is that they are very concerned it will kill server communities, just as it did in wow and rift.

Give me one single example of the community being "killed" by the LFD tool in WoW.

They said that cross server pvp queues will be coming sometime this year, PvE queues have had zero response. Mainly because the last word the devs said about it is that they are very concerned it will kill server communities, just as it did in wow and rift.

LFG didn't kill any community in WoW.

Please to God BW, put a great big sticky up that says you are working on a solution to the LFG discussion.

Perhaps that will stop the countless threads about this. Then perhaps it will not.

Yeah I'd be happy for that

11 days an counting at level 50 trying to get a pug going for a hardmode. 11 days!!!!

I have been informed by the cousin of my aunt's son that there was little community goodwill to kill off in the first place :D

People seem to falsely remember that pre-LFG people were happy to spam chat for hours trying to find a Scholomance run only to find out that the group didn't want to kill Jandice Barov.

Give me one single example of the community being "killed" by the LFD tool in WoW.

Well, if you played WoW before DF/LFD you would of known you had to mingle, get to know people on your server to get things done. When someone knew you had good skills. You would get invites, If you became a muppet and ninja'd. You would get blacklisted.

These systems took away a massive part of what made MMOs MMOs. Community.

It just gave power to the ninjas and idiots in th WoW world.

Oh god, we need a LFD, I need to keep my dungeon/badge ratio up! lol.

Im not one for LF systems, but if implemented, hopefully it will only be server based and not cross server based. Again more community feel gone!

It's coming out in patch 1.2, but I'll let someone else quote the link.

And the tool will also include LFG for heroics, not just flashpoints. So those still calling it LFD, change your habit and call it LFG now!

Do you have the link for that?

Well, if you played WoW before DF/LFD you would of known you had to mingle, get to know people on your server to get things done. When someone knew you had good skills. You would get invites, If you became a muppet and ninja'd. You would get blacklisted.

These systems took away a massive part of what made MMOs MMOs. Community.

It just gave power to the ninjas and idiots in th WoW world.

Oh god, we need a LFD, I need to keep my dungeon/badge ratio up! lol.

Im not one for LF systems, but if implemented, hopefully it will only be server based and not cross server based. Again more community feel gone!

THen explain why this game with its current system has more ninjas and a-holes compared to WoW cross-realm LFD tool.

Do you have the link for that?

its in a bunch of different interviews they have talked about it a lot. It's even mentioned in the 1000+ page topic about LFD.

I don't know how people keep missing these things. People say the game needs this Bioware says they are working on it and it will be out soon people don't listen and say Bioware isn't listening

Just like custimizable UIs. People say they want to custimize their UI. Bioware says they are doing it and even show video of it. People complaing that Bioware doesn't listen.