doing the heroic4 missions

Padmavati

hi all,

I am levelling up my boutyhunter together with my husband who plays sorcerer. I play arsenal at the moment - usually we have mako healing us and khem val tanking. However, we usually have a little problem with the 4man heroic missions, so we often skip those. So I am after some advice to how we can mange these - either with some respeccing or different companions. I have thought about going hybrid, bodyguard and a bit of arsenal, and then have a dps companion out instead. But i am not sure it would be efficient enough.

Do any of you have any advice to what would be effective in this scenario? It would be so nice if we could do the flashpoints just the two of us, but they seem to require "real" players. Any suggestions/afvice is appreciated.

make sure you keep your companion's gear up to date with your own stats/gear level lot of folks seem to forget that yes your companion levels alongside you but he /she/it still needs gear updates.

Good thing for Mako is to give her gear with lots of cunning as that gives her better healing and stack endurance on Khem Val.

It can also help to use stims and keep a healthy stack of medpacs on hand

hi all,

I am levelling up my boutyhunter together with my husband who plays sorcerer. I play arsenal at the moment - usually we have mako healing us and khem val tanking. However, we usually have a little problem with the 4man heroic missions, so we often skip those. So I am after some advice to how we can mange these - either with some respeccing or different companions. I have thought about going hybrid, bodyguard and a bit of arsenal, and then have a dps companion out instead. But i am not sure it would be efficient enough.

Do any of you have any advice to what would be effective in this scenario? It would be so nice if we could do the flashpoints just the two of us, but they seem to require "real" players. Any suggestions/afvice is appreciated.

As a Merc learn the beauty of Concussion Missle on an elite that locks them down for a solid minute. Thats one out of the fight, have Khem start tanking the other, use whatever CC you have left if there is another one. Make sure however not to AOE near the locked down elite. Take out the strong/trash mobs while keeping an eye on your tank. Its always better to kill the weaker enemies first while distracting the stronger ones, it lowers the overall DPS towards your group faster.

Also...get a level or two above the mission, you'd be surprised how much of a difference 1-2 levels can effect survivability in this game.

Edited by HopeSlayer

Well, I think I can give you a few hints from the same perspective, as my wife and I did level up in the same combination and we managed to take down every 4-man heroic (but two on hoth).

First, for your companions: keep them geared up to your level - this had been mentioned already, but it can't be quoted often enough for truth.

Second: Concussion missile and Whirlwind. This takes out 2 elite right from the start of the fight for one minute.

Third: Use your companions situational. Usually the Mako/Khem combination works quite good. On harder Boss fights, usually a two-healer combination works better.

Fourth: Know your roles. The Merc is off-tank and the Sorc is off-healer. Use both your defensive capabilities on the current tank (either Khem, Blizz or the BH).

Fifth: Kite! The BH needs some proper skills in kiting mobs, breaking LOS, evading AoE.

Sixth: Interrupt! The Sorc needs to always interrupt the most damaging skills of the target.

Seventh: Avoid under all circumstances AoE attacks (included the ones of your companions) near stunned mobs. Deactivate all CC abilities on your heal-companions and activate Mediwatch.

Eigth: Planetsized balls of durasteel! You both need them. Don't fear to attack anything. Even if your first two or three tries go bad, you're just about to learn the mechanics of this boss fight.

Nineth: Situational awareness. You need this. Know the ground, you're fighting on. Adapt to kiting paths. Position yourself cleverly. Either distribute your healing powers along the kiting path or build a 'heal-station' - well, situationally.

Tenth: Use hybrid builds. For the Bountyhunter, a mixture of raw damage and mobility (Arsenal/Pyro hybrid) is key. For the Sorc some more healing comes in handy.

If you follow these 10 rules, not much can stand in your way. So far we encountered only 2 Bosses, that weren't manageable due to insane spike damage or too restricted area conditions (or we just didn't figure out the trick).

Thanks for the replies :)

I keep my companions geared as I have armortech, we probably need to gear Khem Val out a bit more, and be more careful about his epic cc-breaking abilities (truly, he has the armreach of a windmill). I havent tried much of the pyro-tree, i'll see what it has to offer. I was thinking in the lines of going bodyguard but pyro might be fun to try as well.

Currently, we are on Hoth, so there are enough of 4man hcs to choose from :)

Thanks for the advice folks, much appreciated.

You might want to try a spec like this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300ZMIkroddRzcZcGbbz.1

It's a bit tricky to heat manage the Incendiary, but if you use it as an opener, directly followed by railshot, you're going to be alright (elites don't tend to live long enough for a second Incendiary). And you will love this spec in PvP :)

Going bodyguard is in your team of two somehwat moot, as you'll end up often enough as tank running in circles (sorc just ain't tough enough for that). Pyro helps you there to hold up threat (strafe-running, using Incendiary, exlosive dart, railshot and rapid shots). Bodyguard makes you more stationary.

Edit: Your problem aren't the Elite mob packs, your problem are the bosses :)

Edited by Gorlough