Impotent sloth build

Froederick

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm its coming through clear to me, try reinstalling SWTOR, Windows and Quicken.

There's a known bug with this build and Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing, FYI

I spit up all over my monitor when I read these two statements.

Good stuff.

LONG LIVE THE IMPOTENT SLOTH!

I spit up all over my monitor when I read these two statements.

Good stuff.

LONG LIVE THE IMPOTENT SLOTH!

I agree those two statments really helped me out, i re installed windows and SWTOR and i also called up HP Saying there was a bug on my computer and i paid £100 to get them to fix it. Then it finally worked and the impotent sloth made me finish in first place every game. The rapid shot proc is amazing as every time you shoot it procs which is way better than rail shot.

I am using this build now, and like it very much.

However, there is something you did not mention: the best weapon.

For my part, I think you must equip any orange blaster, and then CTRL-Click Right, and remove all Mods, Enhancements, and (especially) the barrel...

This makes the gun a lot lighter, and reduces the heat generation.

You will see how it greatly improves the damage dealt!

GO SLOTH!

For my part, I think you must equip any orange blaster, and then CTRL-Click Right, and remove all Mods, Enhancements, and (especially) the barrel...

GO SLOTH!

YES. However you also forgot to mention the armour used for this build. The best thing to do is STRIP COMPLETELY NAKED. This reduced your weight and therefore you can sprint as fast as the speed of sound. Also you will survive longer because with armour the armour digs into you and eventually kills you however when you are naked nothing is digging into you. Please remember this if your going to use this build: ORANGE BLASTER WITH NO MODS AND NAKED. Thanks hope it helped

GO SLOTH!

Disagree. If you read the tooltips, rapid shot gains most damage from strength, which surprisingly is NOT found on pistols at all (good job, bioware..).

I found that ripping out all the mods and replacing them with +strength mods from Sith Warrior gear increases my rapid shot's damage by almost 80%. This increase in dmg, coupled with the constant rapid shot procs will net you even higher damage than you're having at the moment.

Disagree. If you read the tooltips, rapid shot gains most damage from strength, which surprisingly is NOT found on pistols at all (good job, bioware..).

I found that ripping out all the mods and replacing them with +strength mods from Sith Warrior gear increases my rapid shot's damage by almost 80%. This increase in dmg, coupled with the constant rapid shot procs will net you even higher damage than you're having at the moment.

I noticed this too.

I'm in the process of buying up as many +Str mods as I can for my slave outfit; I figure it's worth the cost to see if I can break 350k as a level 40.

Rumour is though, that this build really doesn't shine until you have all 41 points to spend... hope I'm not gimping myself too much, but the playstyle is by far the most fun/challenging of the bunch.

This is an excellent find; I'm surprised nobody gave this build much thought.

I really like it, especially as a PT wearing a slave outfit (I haven't bothered with mods, as they're too expensive). However, I did try making one small change:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301ZZ0z.1

This should increase survivability by a noticeable amount, but I'm not sure if it's worth the trade-off yet.

I FEEL the original sloth build is the best, and nobody is going to convince me otherwise - as long as they can't point it out in a combat log.

Also, with so many Powertechs explaining the PROs of this build, I'm worried it will be nerfed in an upcoming patch? I know they're nerfing Assassin hybrid builds coming patch. But then again, this isn't really a hybrid build either, is it? Not a focused build, not a hybrid build ... its a NEW BREED OF BUILD! :-D

Finally (this takes quite a bit of practise, but hang in there) once you get the "rapid shot into rapid shot" rotation down, you can actually play this build just as good without the UI up! (Unless you're an ability clicker of course. But then you should practice using a hotkey anyway.) The extra screen estate you get by hiding the UI lets you spot enemy players, mobs and even grass faster!

Edited by BallaRa