Voidstar winning conditions

FoxNemhauser

So, today I had two weird Voidstar matches and I would like to understand what the winning conditions actually are.

Match #1

we start as defenders, we lose the first round with 1 minute on the clock

in the second round we had to get a better time which we did - with 10 seconds still on the clock

but when we get the scoreboard - it's a defeat. what gives??

Match #2

we start as attackers, we manage to put a bomb on first door but it gets defused. that's our whole progress

second round - we make a perfect defense - not a single bomb planted

the score was 0:0 and we had a defeat.

is our defeat their victory? or is it just a bad way to present a tie and they also had the defeat screen? if so then i could understand match #2 but isn't match #1 a bug?

Not sure about match #2. In match #1, you said the attackers (enemy) finished the first round with 1 minute left on the timer, then the attackers in the second round (your team) finished the round with 10 seconds left. That sounds right. The opposing team was able to reach the datacore faster than your team.

Not sure about match #2. In match #1, you said the attackers (enemy) finished the first round with 1 minute left on the timer, then the attackers in the second round (your team) finished the round with 10 seconds left. That sounds right. The opposing team was able to reach the datacore faster than your team.

no, the OPs team finished 10s faster than the attackers. you only have as much time as it took the first attacker to finish; the timer adjusts itself accordingly

So, today I had two weird Voidstar matches and I would like to understand what the winning conditions actually are.

Match #1

we start as defenders, we lose the first round with 1 minute on the clock

in the second round we had to get a better time which we did - with 10 seconds still on the clock

but when we get the scoreboard - it's a defeat. what gives??

Match #2

we start as attackers, we manage to put a bomb on first door but it gets defused. that's our whole progress

second round - we make a perfect defense - not a single bomb planted

the score was 0:0 and we had a defeat.

is our defeat their victory? or is it just a bad way to present a tie and they also had the defeat screen? if so then i could understand match #2 but isn't match #1 a bug?

Nr 1 sounds like a bug, number two is seemingly intentional. If both sides defend the same number of doors, for some reason the ones who defend last always win, even if the losing team may have busted down the same number of doors faster than the winners.

When it is a stalemate, and neither team blows a door(or blows the same amount of doors), it comes down to who has the most kills.

Are you certain? I have been in "winning games" where we farmed them at doors and they just barely held on while their plants were stealth plants by assassins/operatives and we still lost when they were defending last.

for some reason the ones who defend last always win, even if the losing team may have busted down the same number of doors faster than the winners.

we defended last but we still lost so that might not be the case

someone above stated that most kills win in that case, unfortunatelly i have no screenshot so i can't verify if that was the case here (it seemed to me that we were dropping them like crazy in our defense round)

Lost voidstar 2 to 2, defended second. 259 kills to 247 kills... vOv seems random at times.

What i like best is if your team has more, for whatever reason, attacking first and you blow one door you win after the 120 sec timeout. Defenders do not have a chance... Annoying as hell on the receiving end of course...

• 2 weeks later...