Can i stick to 3 mission skills and still be vaiable

icecoldone

Hey guys i just want a bit of advise. To be honest i'm not interested in gathering or crafting skills. I really like the system for the mission skills and would rather stick with those.

I was wondering if i took investigation, underworld trading and Dioplomacy. Would that been enough to earn me enough cash to buy my items and such.

The way i see it underworld trading can make me cash on the orange schematics, and dioplomacy will always been in need cos it's used to make consumables, and investigation again might make big cash.

I plan on selling everything i get from these missions on the AH to make lots of cash.

Is this fine.

I want to do it this way cos i generally hate crafting in games but it's a nesscary evil and mission crafting is quite out the way of having fun.

Any advise?

I know many of you would say take one crafting and one gathering as well but just think if this would work cos if it could my life on TOR would be perfect

The way i see it is the mission skills are designed to be credit sinks, rather than capable of getting you an income.

Sure, you may get lucky with rewards, but you are having to spend credits with little return on investment.

Been thinking about this for a while, i have no desire to craft alot when leveling, so seriously considering:

1) slicing (world drops, occ missions)

2) archeology (gonna level artiface at some point)

3) treasure hunting (to support artifice, and occaisional missions giving rewards eg lockboxes)

I just want to make sure got all i need (credits) for speeder, training and GTN scouring.

Hope this helps.

While i accept most of your points. It seems strange to me they are "Designed" to be credit sinks. They are a profession and i'm sure bioware intends them to make you cash on their own. When i played the 30 day beta as you level them up you start getting some sweet rewards which depending on demand can sell for a preimium. And they don't start out as a huge credit sink. Yes i agree it's more based on luck but still you just be able to get some nice rare stuff that sells for a blast right?

pretty sure you can have 3 mission skills, its only crafting that is limited to 1 skill. And yeah you can make credits from these as long as your selling your rewards. You just need to take your time and sell what you get before you send your crew out on a lot of missions

While i accept most of your points. It seems strange to me they are "Designed" to be credit sinks. They are a profession and i'm sure bioware intends them to make you cash on their own. When i played the 30 day beta as you level them up you start getting some sweet rewards which depending on demand can sell for a preimium. And they don't start out as a huge credit sink. Yes i agree it's more based on luck but still you just be able to get some nice rare stuff that sells for a blast right?

Good points.

I regard mission skills, not as professions (the crafting ones are better called profs), but as support skills.

This is the unknown. Other MMOs who shall not be named have gather --> craft.

Now we have gather --> craft <-- mission. Will be fun in trying to figure out what is more profitable!

What would be the advantages in your opinion of having three mission skills over having just one mission skill if you could just as well send out all your companions on missions for just one mission skill?

Mostly diversification and larger selection of missions to cherry pick?