Ilum Framerate Drop has to BE FIXED NOW!!!!

akarabzie

I know not everyone is having this frame rate drop but alot of us are and its getting old. Let me start off by saying i have a fairly decent gaming rig and ANY and EVERY game that has come out this year i have been able to play on the highest settings. I have a 3.8 GHz Quad core processor and a GTX 560 GPU. So someone explain to me why SWTOR is the only game that will make my computer crawl to 2 FPS when in the middle of a PvP fight on Ilum? I cant even complete dailies becuase of this. If Bioware wants to continue making money and have SWTOR last longer than a year unlike most newer MMOs they need to get their **** together and provide fixes for the PvP community or it will die. Forget about all the balancing of classes for now and get this stuff to run smoothly. Its been what over a month now and nothing has even been addressed about it. I hate to say this but even the PVP in RIFT was better than this **** and it didn't lag. This is my QQ.

Try installing the Dx9 redistributable. Apparently there were files left out of the pre-installed package distributed with the game and it is causing it to use DX10 files to emulate the DX9 ones... or something.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/confirmation.aspx?id=8109

Moderate to large increase in ilum for me for a better rig than you're running.

My work PC saw a huge improvement.

My laptops both saw moderate improvements.

Try installing the Dx9 redistributable. Apparently there were files left out of the pre-installed package distributed with the game and it is causing it to use DX10 files to emulate the DX9 ones... or something.

Do you have a forum link of other people doing this?

DirectX 9 is a subset of DirectX 11 (the one Windows 7 uses). Any DX9 native calls should be handled as such.

I did this, it seemed to help a bit. But it can still really really slow down.

Do you have a forum link of other people doing this?

DirectX 9 is a subset of DirectX 11 (the one Windows 7 uses). Any DX9 native calls should be handled as such.

Don't know. I originally found it on reddit.com/r/swtor -- apparently it was an official "oops we f'd up" announcement.... something somewhere wasn't being included and the emulation was slowing it down substantially.

Sorry im quite a Nub here... But where would i direct these files to be installed at?

Thanks

Sorry im quite a Nub here... But where would i direct these files to be installed at?

Thanks

Create a folder (wherever, but I put one on my desktop) and extract the file TO that folder. (don't extract it to your desktop directly.)

There is an executable inside the archive that will now be in the folder which you can run to install it.

Create a folder (wherever, but I put one on my desktop) and extract the file TO that folder. (don't extract it to your desktop directly.)

There is an executable inside the archive that will now be in the folder which you can run to install it.

Thank you for the reply