PvE armor set bonuses...worthless?

dhoytman

I'm referring to the field medic set bonuses. The 2-set bonus isn't awful...minus 4 to recup. nano energy cost. Not awful, but not that useful either for a skill I don't use too much. But the 4-set bonus: +15% crit to kolto infusion? Seriously? Am I missing something? A +15% crit to our most useless heal? On the other hand if it were kolto probe, or perhaps an energy reduction of kolto injection, that would be another story.

Agree/disagree?

I'm referring to the field medic set bonuses. The 2-set bonus isn't awful...minus 4 to recup. nano energy cost. Not awful, but not that useful either for a skill I don't use too much. But the 4-set bonus: +15% crit to kolto infusion? Seriously? Am I missing something? A +15% crit to our most useless heal? On the other hand if it were kolto probe, or perhaps an energy reduction of kolto injection, that would be another story.

Agree/disagree?

From what I've seen of good healing ops, they keep Nano up as much as possible (especially in tight fights). And getting Tac Advantage is so easy as a medic, I don't possibly see how you can say that a +15% on the lowest cost heal is a bad thing...not to mention just the gear + Accomplished Doctor 3/3 raises the crit of that ability to 45%.

Edited by chillinvillain

the thing about kolto infusion it seems inferior in every way to surgical probe. and yeah, normally i would say "whatever" about buying the full set but some parts I'm thinking about getting the enforcer piece since alacrity has severely diminishing returns, looking favorably rather on surge and crit.

From what I've seen of good healing ops, they keep Nano up as much as possible (especially in tight fights). And getting Tac Advantage is so easy as a medic, I don't possibly see how you can say that a +15% on the lowest cost heal is a bad thing...not to mention just the gear + Accomplished Doctor 3/3 raises the crit of that ability to 45%.

Acomplished Doctor does not increase crit chance.

I'm a healing operative - I don't have nanotech, nor do many ops I know on my server. Those that do don't keep it up fulltime because it's energy cost sucks ***. I don't use infusion or even have it on my bars because, again, it's worthless once you have SP.

I use 2 rakata enforcer for the +15% backstab crit chance and the rest is mismatch. The rest of the set bonuses blow.

Edited by Selais

Acomplished Doctor does not increase crit chance.

I'm a healing operative - I don't have nanotech, nor do many ops I know on my server. Those that do don't keep it up fulltime because it's energy cost sucks ***. I don't use infusion or even have it on my bars because, again, it's worthless once you have SP.

I use 2 rakata enforcer for the +15% backstab crit chance and the rest is mismatch. The rest of the set bonuses blow.

I'm reading it in game right now. 3/3 increases crit chance of Kolto Infusion, Injection, and Recup by 30%.

I'm reading it in game right now. 3/3 increases crit chance of Kolto Infusion, Injection, and Recup by 30%.

You're clearing playing a different game to me, or don't know what 'heaing bonus' means.

Edited by Selais

Doesn't it say "Increases the critical healing bonus of..."? That usually means crit EFFECT (surge), not crit chance. Would be interesting to try out either way, though...

Doesn't it say "Increases the critical healing bonus of..."? That usually means crit EFFECT (surge), not crit chance. Would be interesting to try out either way, though...

word, I did misread that. Still though, seems to crit a lot (at least the 2 days I was heal specced :p...maybe that's cause I was still in DPS gear).

Hell, maybe I don't know what I'm talking about cause I don't play it. But judging by other healers in game, not using your AOE heal seems a tad dumb and completely taking a heal off your hot bar is just...sub par by any standard of healing in any game.

I doubt I'd run ops w/ Selais.

Edited by chillinvillain

But judging by other healers in game, not using your AOE heal seems a tad dumb and completely taking a heal off your hot bar is just...sub par by any standard of healing in any game.

Duly noted. I'll bear these things in mind when I'm busy healing .. everything in game so far .. with no problems.

word, I did misread that. Still though, seems to crit a lot (at least the 2 days I was heal specced :p...maybe that's cause I was still in DPS gear).

Hell, maybe I don't know what I'm talking about cause I don't play it. But judging by other healers in game, not using your AOE heal seems a tad dumb and completely taking a heal off your hot bar is just...sub par by any standard of healing in any game.

I doubt I'd run ops w/ Selais.

Sorry man but Selais is 100% correct the aoe heal and infusion are terrible. Very limited use targeted aoe with a small radius, and kolto infusion is not worth casting its just not efficient. Also doesn't help we have broken talents like medical therapy that doesn't even increase our hot healing like its suppose to.

Edited by Yori

i've got RN currently, it's not great but it is 1 additional HoT even if its energy cost is high -- i don't keep it up all the time because it isn't practical

for those of you who don't take RN, my question is, what do you take instead? clearly survival training and lethality are great, but you can get those even in a 31 medic build.

I don't have energy problems so I don't use lethality tree for anything more than the 6% crit.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401MffMdhoRzzZMIh00zZh.1

ok, that's about what i was expecting, basically where i take med shield, max out accomplished doctor, and RN, you take inclement conditioning and revitalizers ... not bad

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401MffMzhRRdsZMIZb.1

ok, that's about what i was expecting, basically where i take med shield, max out accomplished doctor, and RN, you take inclement conditioning and revitalizers ... not bad

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401MffMzhRRdsZMIZb.1

First time I've seen anyone with a skill tree like mine! I was expecting to get blasted tbh for not taking more 'healer' skills.

First time I've seen anyone with a skill tree like mine! I was expecting to get blasted tbh for not taking more 'healer' skills.

yeah, infiltrator is key imo for the runspeed ... i really miss scouting, but it's not as big a deal getting jumped by stealthers as medic

as far as lethality, there's just too many wasted points, i can't bring myself to do it