Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Terribly bad idea : NPCs with lightsabers

Tigrakis

Ok so its impossible to kill a jedi and use his lightsaber as a weapon? You're not very intelligent.

Technically, one could do this. Practically speaking? No. It'd be like me picking up a three-sectional staff and attempting to use it effectively. Oh, I could swing it around, maybe get off a few good hits, but eventually one of those loose ends will whip around and hit me in the forehead, knocking me unconscious while my friends stand around and laugh (not speaking from experience, mind you).

Since a lightsaber is nothing more than a glorified flashlight in SWTOR, it really doesn't matter. In the movies, they are melting blast doors with them, and cutting through metal, in SWTOR, a lightsaber can be blocked by a stick of wood. So these aren't your descendents lightsabers.

Since a lightsaber is nothing more than a glorified flashlight in SWTOR, it really doesn't matter. In the movies, they are melting blast doors with them, and cutting through metal, in SWTOR, a lightsaber can be blocked by a stick of wood. So these aren't your descendents lightsabers.

You should read up on what materials are used to make a Vibroblade. Should give you some insight as to how they are able to deflect Lightsabers.

Edited by jaypis

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.