Blaster rifle vs Heavy Blaster

Artrant

Is there a difference in using heavy blasters versus blaster rifles? As a gunnery trooper I'm getting tired of the big thing all over the place, so if it is orange and I mod it correctly is there any real difference? Edited by Artrant

I posted about this recently and did some calculations as to what actual damage difference there is if I use the same level and modded Blaster Rifle instead of an Assault Cannon.

Remember that a rifle with the same modifications will always give less damage than a cannon.

Rifle vs Cannon you have 20% less base damage before stats.

When stats are included, in battle, you do 10% less damage overall.

As well as the mentioned loss of Hail of Bolts and Charged Bolts.

Your call.

Personally, as a DPS class I'd rather shoot myself in the foot than shoot myself in the foot metaphorically by gimping, yes gimping, my damage.

There's such things as enrage timers you know.

There's been enough times when I've been the last damage dealer left standing when the tank has been nuked by an enraged boss and I've got to blow away X thousand health by myself while the healer tries to keep me up for a few more seconds as my health bar melts like a ice cube in a furnace.

Do I really want to know I look cool but know it's my fault for a wipe because I deliberately reduced my damage.

Edited by Gyronamics