Dev response requested: wither, induction, harnessed darkness

JabulDFR

The tooltip for wither states that it grants harnessed darkness but it doesn't. Likewise the tooltip for induction states that it requires surging charge to activate but it doesn't either.

The assassin community has been speculating that either this was mistakingly added in prematurely and will show up in a later build or that this is not an intended change.

Can we get clarification either way? These changes, if true, would significantly change the direction of hybrids. We'll adjust but it would be nice to know which direction we're going.

They don't seem to respond to this kind of stuff. I mean, if you created a thread about the lightsaber color crystal, you might get not one but several responses. But classes being generally broken? Nah, no response needed.

Last time I've seen a response to something of this nature was on Marauder forums, but their Ataru form is broken. That is, it doesn't proc on boss-sized targets. The issue affects the Mara PvE rather strongly, so they posted that they're looking into fixing it. But since none of these things wreck Assassins in PvE, my feeling is BW just doesn't give a toss at this point in time.

I mean, look at the thread about our passive ability, Assassin Training, not working properly. Supposed to give +25% Shock base damage, but doesn't. People tested it vs Sorcerer, and had the same results. Thread has been up for a while, many pages. Dev response? Nil.

EDIT: Some people spotted that Raze tooltip changed this patch as well. It says it now requires Lightning Charge to proc Raze. I would say it's DEFINITELY not a bug now, but rather a free preview of some serious hybrid-killing changes.

Edited by Sabbathius

So strange, I don't understand why they're changing our tool tips but not changing the actual ability to reflect.

I can see their pov on not wanting to have hybrids. I dont agree but I see their point. However, these changes should have come up on test first so that we could test it. Already changing the ability descriptions makes it seem like they've already made up their mind about the nerf before we've had a chance to see if it jives in the game via test.

If hybrids go away they better buff the top tier talents significantly. Our trees as they are now are just too underwhelming. That's the reason why we have so many hybrids running around.

Add Raze procs requiring Surging Charge's Discharge to be active on target to proc to the list of tooltip changes that have not yet taken place.

That's even not the worst part. They also added a 7.5 second cooldown to Raze procs. That WRECKS it. Considering Raze is a 33% proc off melee hits.

the biggest problem is, why make the tooltip change without the actual change anywhere?

I thought tooltips were something that "explains" what this thing does. Well, IT DOESN'T.

Personally, If I had owned BW, I can see at least 10 people to fire lol.

As I was playing yesterday I noticed that wither was not giving me any additional stacks of Harnessed Darkness, I wonder if they will address this as a known issue, or if it is working as intended and the tool-tip is just plain wrong.

As I was playing yesterday I noticed that wither was not giving me any additional stacks of Harnessed Darkness, I wonder if they will address this as a known issue, or if it is working as intended and the tool-tip is just plain wrong.

After today's tooltip change on Raze, I think it's safe to assume the ability is not working as intended, but the tooltip is correct. Just have to wait for the fix.

I'm going to assume these are proposed changes that just happen to be reflected in the trees. They changed a few things like induction no longer working unless you have surging charge up but it still works with any charge on. The changes just haven't gone through yet and I imagine they're doing some internal testing with it first then putting it on the ptr.

Personally, If I had owned BW, I can see at least 10 people to fire lol.

Haha. You know I'm betting the root of the problem is? Management. Filthy beaurocratic box-ticking obstructive self-perpetuating management. When you've got a problem that can be solved simply by clicking a revert button, it's neither apathy nor inability that causes it to remain unsolved through three subsequent patches. No. It's because people aren't allowed to fix it. The devs are too busy taking orders from the men in suits and filling out paperwork for their weekly appraisals to fix a two second issue like this. I'm sure once it's been passed through the appropriate committee meetings and then been checked and signed off by the marketing team someone will be given the authority to act.

That's even not the worst part. They also added a 7.5 second cooldown to Raze procs. That WRECKS it. Considering Raze is a 33% proc off melee hits.

There's a good part in there too though, it now no longer requires a melee crit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.