K.O. Bugged?

mikepapz

Before 1.1.1:

K.O. would trigger instantly upon hitting a mob with Shoot First.

After 1.1.1 (The bug):

I'd position myself behind a mob, activate Shoot First and then the mob proceeds to turn around and face me before being Knocked Down to the floor. This also means that mobs fall over on their backs and not their fronts as they're supposed to.

It seems that there's a delay - quite a significant one from K.O. being applied to mobs. Some mobs even have enough time to cast an instant knockback etc. on me before being knocked to the ground. My latency is fine so it has nothing to do with that.

Are any Operatives also having the same problem (If any come in this forum)?

Edited by mikepapz

Yep, same thing. Massively frustrating for leveling. I'd say it happened about 75% of the time.

KO somehow flips them around to face you now.. It's a ***** to get the back blast off before the stun wears off unless you run through the mob and spam.

Sigh..

This was an intended "FIX" though... Just read the patch notes. BRB reroll

It's not in the patch notes though? The stun duration was lowered from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds. The stun itself shouldn't have a delay to activate though. :confused:

It says something about the stun activating too quick, and that it's now been fixed.

Patch notes for Scoundrel:

~ Flechette Round: Now provides 30% armor penetration while active.

~ K.O.: This ability now knocks the target down for 1.5 seconds.

~ Shoot First: The damage output of this ability has been decreased by approximately 20% to control burst damage and because it was enabling significantly faster than intended kills in PvP.

There's nothing in the notes that suggest what you're saying here.

Why are you still specced as Scrapper? lol

It's the playstyle I enjoy the most. If I wanted to play Dirty Fighting, I would have been better off playing as a Gunslinger. What other choice do I have apart from healing?

I'm not trying to argue here or anything so please don't take my post the wrong way. It's just how I enjoy playing my Scoundrel so I won't let a couple of nerfs force me to respec. Just a bug like this can be quite irritating!

Edited by mikepapz

I've noticed the problem in PVP where i'll shoot first on a sith warrior, and they will leap away to fight somewhere else, and then get knocked down.

used to just knock people down. now it gives them a chance to pop a skill first.

Didn't believe it, Just tested this. added without patch notes?

Wonder what kind bs OTHER classes will get with their nerfs,

tracer missile now spins you in 360* and you loose target, this was added to lower overall dps!

okay I can see this as happening now. Why!!

Edited by jizazi

This was an intended "FIX" though... Just read the patch notes. BRB reroll

Lol how about we read.. if you can if not here is the description of K.O. " Shoot first has a 50%/100% chance to knock the target FLAT ON ITS FACE for 1.5 secs... this enemy turning and facing me sh** isn't working as intended.. .. nice one biofail...

Didn't believe it, Just tested this. added without patch notes?

Wonder what kind bs OTHER classes will get with their nerfs,

tracer missile now spins you in 360* and you loose target, this was added to lower overall dps!

okay I can see this as happening now. Why!!

Well I hope that this issue is a bug and not an intended change. It's most likely a bug though. It just doesn't make any sense for them to put a delay on K.O.!

I've recently started to notice this in PvE, I shoot first then have to run around the damn target for a back blast. The problem is, as I SF and run behind the target...the frakking target is still looking at me!!

I have a question, I can understand why we got nerfed in PvP because too many Imps are crying but why did we get nerfed in PvE? What we do in PvE is of no consequence to any Imps and yet we get nerfed. It makes it harder for us to grind solo unless we got some seriously good gear which most Smuggs may not have as I'd argue many of us are dependent on quest drops.

I cannot believe Bioware is listening to cry babies. Fighting a scoundrel out of stealth is like a hot knife to butter, or should I say Sabre? To hell with the nerf, can we atleast get a fix on this stupid glitch with Shoot First? I call it a glitch because IT IS a glitch! Why? Because SF shoots a person in the back so how could that frakking person turn around, face you, then face plants?!

Make sure to report this on here in Customer Service and in game under the "?" icon!!!!

Why so we can wait a year to get it fixed. The nerfed us after complaints of being OP.

Do you really think our lowest of the low populations and most hated class have a chance in hell of getting a fair shake?

Not to mention we are Republic the least Faction and least played Spec.

I can cancel my account but small numbers mean nothing.

Bump for a fix. This is a bug no matter how many cs ticket responses I see saying it's working as intended.

They made the changes to the skill for nerfing dmg, fine. But this accidentally broke during the process. And when they realized it, they knew they didn't have a quick way to fix it, so the official response is now that it's working as intended. It isn't.

It's simple to see just by looking at the talents and skills that you get all the way up the tree that it's absolutely intended that you can get a shoot first - blackblast off in PvE. It's intended to be a surprise attack. When the mob can actually cc me, or get a cast off before I can even knock him down, it's obviously not right.

Edited by aarka

I've noticed this too, even in PvP. I hit them, and suddenly I can't use Back Blast - so I have to reposition? The problem is even worse than that, though. There was a bug even before 1.1.1 where they would warp about 5m in front of you. THAT is still going on, too.

If they're just going to break an already broken ability - why don't they just remove it and put something else in instead?

I'm bumping this because it's getting on my nerves. Thank you for nerfing us but why do you have to rub salt in the wound by also glitching us. Half the mobs I spend fighting are "Not in range" when I'm on their face!!!!!! Those that are "in range", they do a frakking backflip!!! Are you being serious!?!!