** Unofficial 3rd day EGA wave thread **

qwertly

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they must let all the rest of pre-orders in they now it's working why keep those couple people out just let them enjoy the damn game.

and they also saying that they gonna invite invite more people today.

and it's only going on 4 3 houres now and they have works ddays of 8 right so so i know they can fit more waves in a work day.

This is ridiculous. Imagine this scenario: (though I know it likely fits your description so I know it won't be a stretch of your imagination.)

You're an adult with a spouse and perhaps children and you have heavy responsibilities during this holiday. It's review time at work, you're hoping to get a great review, perhaps a bonus and a raise. You don't want to be the guy asking for time off during the holidays when you're needed most.

You have shopping to do, you have to spend time with family and you have very little time to get all your decorations up, your tree up, presents wrapped, and on and on.

Playing MMO's all day isn't for you, you gave up WoW forever ago as it threatened to destroy your family life. Adults aren't supposed to behave this way - your parents didn't play video games all the time - yet it's in your bloodstream.

Now Bioware releases a thing you could not possibly avoid if you tried - An mmo based on your favorite franchise... the ultimate escape. Unlike SWG this one's really decent.

But no.... I can't. The economy, my wife... it's Christmas time. I'll wait, if I ever play it (and I shouldn't)

2 seconds later F-that I'm buying it. You can't even stop yourself. This is a drug of the most potent degree.

Now somehow, in the midst of all the responsibilities I've mentioned you manage to schedule a few days off to play at launch. You expect bugs and wait times but you've earned the time off of work and this way your family will be at work or school and you can try to remain responsible during the rest of the day...

Except that, no, you can't and now you've wasted those days off because BioWare did something wierd you could never have anticipated which no other game company has done and which you could not have planned for. I'm sitting here now, for my second day off (still half day tommorow) staring at yet another wave thread thinking I seriously regret my purchase since I would have paid the 80$ JUST FOR THESE COUPLE OF DAYS. But I didn't get them.

Now I have to get back to work and I might get to start playing over the christmas holiday after the 26th. Why would you do this wierd thing? People pre-order with the anticipation that they will get in early. The lack of updates, the lack of any dev response to any of the complaints mentioned in any of the threads. We know you read them, you come in to close / lock / move them. Well why do you think they are such large threads? Why won't you listen to anything that's being said?

I also notice another really strange phenomenon. When people vent in a forum because they would like to have other people see and comment on their issue: there is a staggering number of Goody two-shoes, holier than thou, reprobate reprimanders.

I'm concerned about the number, as it creeps up to near half the posts in some threads. Are they just more vocal? Do they repeat post more often? Please tell me nowhere near 40% of our fellow humans are actually this way - but rather that they are disproportionally represented online for some reason.

Unofficial estimates for day 3, wave 1-4(?):

3rd October - 29th November

DAY 4 (Friday) will contain the rest of the invites aka:

~1st December - 15th December

You're aware that there are 30 days in november and not 29 right?

Or are your estimate that all pre-orders from 30th nov will be skipped? :eek:

Ok so here's what we know

- There are going to me "more waves"

- 2nd wave 10th Nov

- 3rd wave 17th-18th Nov

This hopefully means:

-4th wave estimate: 24th-26th Nov

-5th wave estimate: 1st - 5th Dec

We know there will be at least one more wave so lets keep our fingers crossed!!!

Hope this is the forecast for the distribution of EA today!