The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

** Unofficial 3rd day EGA wave thread **

qwertly

again if it wasnt advertised and i was just expecting them to give me the days for free, maybe as a trial, but i had to preorder and put money down. Not to mention i wouldnt be upset at all if the group that got left out wasnt so small, but seriously theyre gonna leave one week hanging for another day? Also you theory that this is goin to help them tweak servers and get them ready for launch is just wrong.

Be honest is one more day going to kill you? I ordered on like the 13th or something and I aint gonna loose sleep over it it's pointless to beat ones self up over a video game.

And no my theory on tweaking servers aint wrong it's a sensible practice. They have 3 options.

1. Rig x ammount of servers and hope there is enough

2. Rig a tonne of servers with the chance of having too many and wasting money on the extras (remember this is a business we are talking about wasting money is particularly bad)

or 3.Rig x ammount of servers see how they populate. Add more and continue to monitor. Rinse and repeat and be better prepared for the actual launch day.

I know which one I would pick.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, the posting/ranting isn't ranting at all, people are upset, and they want to vent because what BW is pretty insulting to the fans, so those who got left out due to the WEEK that was left, want to vent. Where better to vent than the place that you're venting about, with the people who feel the same way. It's something to do to let it off your chest, and people getting annoyed with the people VENTING is the only ranting that's gone on in these forums. Let the people who are mad let everything out, it's not hurting you, and you so don't bother them.

I completely agree. These folks (myself included) are now left with no game to play like those that made it in. It is a total dick move to leave the last 4% out in the cold when it would amount to ONE wave, two at the most tomorrow. So, instead of playing and having happy thoughts about BW, these folks are pissed off. Great way to start a game guys!

Your not being left out.....you get to play tomorrow. And guess what, life is not always fair. You are not entitled to anything except access to their servers which you will have before the date they promised. If they stuck to the original plan you would not being playing till Sunday. But you get the game tomorrow instead and you still want to complain. Grow up and wait your turn....this will all be forgotten as soon as people are playing!!

Your right life is not always fair and ultimately I am getting what they promised, however I believe that they have seriously botched a launch that could have been so much better and I am expressing my frustration at that.

As for waiting my turn, what would you do if you were waiting in a line of 100 people at mcdonalds and they decided to go through everyone in line except the last 5 people, it is the middle of the day and they obviously still have plenty of food left. You would do one of two things, you would have either left earlier for somewhere else or cussed out the manager for being stupid (even if you don't say it out loud you would be doing it in your head).

Your right life is not always fair and ultimately I am getting what they promised, however I believe that they have seriously botched a launch that could have been so much better and I am expressing my frustration at that.

As for waiting my turn, what would you do if you were waiting in a line of 100 people at mcdonalds and they decided to go through everyone in line except the last 5 people, it is the middle of the day and they obviously still have plenty of food left. You would do one of two things, you would have either left earlier for somewhere else or cussed out the manager for being stupid (even if you don't say it out loud you would be doing it in your head).

^^ this

Originally Posted by rhorne

I hope everyone realizes that TODAY is the FIRST day of the original 5 days advertised for early access. You people are complaining you didn't get in on the FIRST day from what you originally signed up for but your LAST in line. The ONLY reason you are getting in tomorrow (the FOURTH day) is because BW decided to give us TWO EXTRA days of early access....so please shut up and wait.

The only people who got 2 extra days were those who pre ordered the week it came out, and the only reason they got 2 extra days is because BW realized theyd be in for a **** storm if they staggered the last preorder until monday.

So stop tryin to make it seem like those 2 days were a gift to all of us :/ they were just saving their own asses. Had they finished what they started and let the remaining in today they would've pleased everyone, instead they really piss off the last week of pre-orders, when they could have easily sent out one more wave.

Edited by FishScale

+1 (and we are cussing)

yup^^^^^

My sig other texted me early unhappy that we didn't get in today, and it was him who hemmed and hawed over whether or not to get the game!

I'm looking forward to potentially playing tomorrow after work though :) I might just have to cancel my attendance to a Christmas party or two this weekend :)

this isnt a botched launch, i think it just proves that theres at least x amount of people (x= the amount of people on here whining) are whiny babies who are probably spoiled and want what they want when they want it no matter what!

its been obvious that this was going to be the case all along, especially if you pre-ordered so late you have no excuse to not have realized how this was going to work. i personally pre ordered on the 8th and wasn't expecting to get on until the 18th or 19th so if i get on tomorrow it will be an awesome surprise!

It would have been nice to know exactly what wave you are in from the start. I'm not upset about not getting to play until tomorrow but it would have been nice to know. Sitting here hoping I'm in the next wave time after time is the worse. I should have spent the last couple days getting stuff done so I could have tomorrow free.

I just think people would be more relaxed if they knew from the start exactly when their time to play was.

this isnt a botched launch, i think it just proves that theres at least x amount of people (x= the amount of people on here whining) are whiny babies who are probably spoiled and want what they want when they want it no matter what!

its been obvious that this was going to be the case all along, especially if you pre-ordered so late you have no excuse to not have realized how this was going to work. i personally pre ordered on the 8th and wasn't expecting to get on until the 18th or 19th so if i get on tomorrow it will be an awesome surprise!

Let me kick you , you little Fricken Jawa,lol

On the day before WoW came out, I stood in line for 8 hours in freezing weather to get an early signed copy at Fry's in Anaheim, CA. I had to drive about 100 miles to get there and I was pretty far from the front of the line. I got to the front of the line at 2 AM, there were like 50 windows with Fry's employees handing out boxes as fast as they could. The clerk at my window handed me my copy then told her supervisor that she was out of boxes. Apparently all windows were at that moment handing out their last boxes.

I knew what that meant. I got mine signed and sprinted out of there as fast as I could. I jumped into the car with my GF who had been running the heater and letting poor frozen WoW fanboi's defrost in the car. I told her "DRIVE! DON"T LOOK BACK!!"

Out the rear view mirror I could see the last few hundred remaining WoWbois, that had waited 8 hours in freezing weather, starting to riot as they became aware of their fate. It was a chilling sight. Somehow I am having a flashback. At least this time I didn't have to wait in a physical line.

I submitted my pre-order code on December 9th. I was not going to play as i have been painstakingly trying to avoid getting sucked into another MMORPG but a buddy of mine at work continued to rant to me about the beta and i eventually made the mistake of looking at the website. I think I am lucky to have found a Collectors Edition available so late in the pre-order phase. Now I find myself checking my email on my phone for the first few hours of work each day hoping to see that email. I am not upset about the waves of early access and that I will almost certainly be in the very last one. I think the way that it was setup and orchestrated was kinda strange but as I just said, I feel lucky to have found a CE. I think if I pre-ordered and there were no other rewards other than the early access I would have a bit more of an issue but every pre-order does get the crystal and have been allowed to pre-load the game. I can understand how others would be pissed off, that's just not how I roll.

Wow... What a bunch of whiners... So you don't get an extra 2 days... so you don't get in when others are. At most you get 7 extra days of playing when you will play for 1-5 YEARS thoughout the life of this game. PATIENCE YOUNG JEDI!!!

Launch was completely botched, not because of the staggered access but because of the complete lack of reliable information information. First they don't give us any information as to when we will be getting in for 2 days, then they tell us that they will be getting October and most of November on day 3. Then on day 3 they tell us that they will be doing "additional waves", these 4 bonus waves spanned 9 days of preorders which isn't anywhere near the magnitude that people were expecting.

What you need to take away from this is that they gave us no information, then some information, then unreliable information. People don't know what to expect from BW anymore and thats what has people frustrated, for example normally people would be able to take the data from these past 3 days and determine how many people will get in tomorrow but we don't, we don't know if they will invite 4 waves of people that only span 1 day each or whether everyone will get in on the first wave tomorrow.

Wow... What a bunch of whiners... So you don't get an extra 2 days... so you don't get in when others are. At most you get 7 extra days of playing when you will play for 1-5 YEARS thoughout the life of this game. PATIENCE YOUNG JEDI!!!

Some of us aren't Jedi you hippy! Get a job!