The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

** Unofficial 3rd day EGA wave thread **

qwertly

What was intended as a tool to get people to order earlier in the future will only be negated or more by the fact you've rubbed a portion of your customers the wrong way and they'll be less likely to buy from you in the future.

In the end, it doesn't matter what the reasoning is, the customer is always right, and you've left some of us out in the cold.

It's obvious that you didn't have enough servers ready to go by the fact that you keep adding them every day as the waves come in. You could have had more than enough servers; you've had years to get ready for this. You had plenty of beta data and plenty of numbers on sales.

If you can't handle everyone that has preordered, how do you handle everyone that purchases after the 20th?

You chose to be economical, which is greedy at best, but it shows that your priority number one is to make money. Don't get me wrong, but some businesses out there do not operate that way and they get by just fine. They take morals and quality more seriously than you do.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe the feeling of entitlement some people have on these forums. If you wanted to play earlier, then you should have preordered earlier. It's as simple as that. As it stands, most people are getting five days. I think that's pretty good.

wow do you really make me sad with your ....... you have no idea do you just how you sound to the majority, plz leave this thread thanks.

Actually no I was promised game time before release, yes UP TO 5 days. However respect is more than living up to the letter of your promise its living up to the spirit of it and I really don't feel like a respected customer at all right now.

No they said pre-order was eligible for "Up To" 5 days early and you will still get in on that tomorrow. You have no ground to stand on complaining because they are giving exactly what they said they would. They did not have to give anyone early access but they did and we should all be thankful for that. So basically what i am saying is stop complaining.

It's not even about how many days I get, I wouldn't care if it was only 2 days EA, but the fact of the matter is that 95-97% of the community is in game currently - There is such a small minuscule amount of players sitting on the outside looking in tonight that it's honestly stupid that they don't just invite the rest of the pre-orders to play prior to the maint. tonight.

What is the issue with letting these players in?

^^^ This. I've known having a Dec preorder that I was going to end up being one of the last ones in, but that doesn't bother me. What does kind of annoy me is that they cut it short when there was hardly anyone left to allow in.

It's not that I can't do anything else with my time - cause it's really SSDD here, but well... it kinda seems like the devs are the true Decemberists lol. Eh, we could let you guys in right now... but we'll get to it later.

Side note... you think decemberist will be a good excuse for taxes from here on out? :D

Yeah and you paid for playing from the 20th. They didn't have to let people in early they chose to therefor it's a privelige.

No i pre-ordered only because of the advertisement for EGA, and EGA is not a privilege when its advertised. You act like BW is the first company to give early access to pre-orders, i thought that was just normal with MMOG's.

I can't believe the feeling of entitlement some people have on these forums. If you wanted to play earlier, then you should have preordered earlier. It's as simple as that. As it stands, most people are getting five days. I think that's pretty good.

You guys need to kick the 5 day defense plan routine already....

Everyone here for the most part has accepted that were not gettin in till tomorrow and after forking over 60 bucks...yes i feel some sort of entitlement and youd be an *** to feel otherwise.

When i see a HUGE add, on the frontpage of their site, stating that "i might get up to 5 days of early access" i expect to have a chance of getting just that. The truth here was, that all os us who ordered the game after dec. 7th (it seems) never had a chance of getting "up to 5 days".

I DID read up on the early access program, and it was not up untill a few days before launch, that they introduced the "wave" system, in which it was clear that we sould NEVER even be considered for 5 days. THERE IN lies the break of promise.

If you cant understand that, i give up on you.

I cannot agree more. I am a consultant, and the very first thing you learn is to MANAGE CLIENT EXPECTATIONS. If you say "hey, I can probably get this done 5 days early" to the client, you better get it done 5 days early or you will have under-performed in the clients eyes. The client does not see the word "PROBABLY" in there. And while LEGALLY that is their fault, it is your fault in client service by not MANAGING EXPECTATIONS.

Let me finish by saying, I am not pissed that I'm not playing right now (12/9 preorder). I'm not even disappointed in BioWare, frankly I think waves are a good idea. Just next time, from a professional (provider to client relationship), save your forums and set some expectations.

Thanks, have fun everyone!

Side note... you think decemberist will be a good excuse for taxes from here on out? :D

Yep, we are officially a minority. Even more so, the last wavers are an even smaller minority.

I somehow see affirmative action working in my favor in the future. :)

Yeah and you paid for playing from the 20th. They didn't have to let people in early they chose to therefor it's a privelige.

I'm not one complaining but I hate when people use this excuse because some of us paid more for the EAG (gamestop) charged $5 more for the preorder than if i had gotten it online but I hate origin and will not use it.

This is currently how i feel about bioware

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep_OTLZOQsU

Now i orignally liked bioware a lot but now... i dont know what to say. First off i love mass effect 1 it was a nice rpg with a little bit of a shooter. But they decided to ruin it with mass effect which is mostly a ****en shooter. FINE

Now dragon age 1 is great i loved that too. Dragon age 2, fine they worsened it but also improved it at the same time so it neutralized itself.

BUT NOW THIS, i was not able to afford to preorder this for a while but file did and entered my code the 9th of december. Now I wouldn't mind that much if they still had a lot of players to go for the next wave, but seriously stop when theres only 1 week of players left? What the **** bioware. Seriously what the **** **** are you doing. Why do u constantly sh*t on ur products?

I cannot pre-order earlier, when i don't remember or even know if the game is still alive. I've got 0 emails from swtor.com after i did register for beta (which i did not get in, or never got the email).

Also your logic got a flaw. If everyone did that (order earlier), the situation would be exactly the same as it is now. They would be waiting for their access.

Edited by Viikuna

Here's to my decemberian brethren who didn't get in today: best of luck, I feel bad for you guys. Especially the NA and European squad that either called in sick for work or have been waiting all night for an invite have been ****ed over by Bioware. Me, having preordered the 6th, got in at the end of the line. I'm just lucky.

Just hold on to the fact that there's just a few couple of hours left to wait!

Best of luck, and I hope seeing all of you ingame!

mtfbwy!

I dont know when everyone turned into the brady bunch, what the hell is with all these pansies sayin we should be grateful? Last time I checked BioWare isn't doing this out of the kindness of their hearts. EGA advertisements were a marketing trick, and why should i be grateful to a company for something i have to pay for? BioWare should be grateful for our business, and we should be able to voice our displeasure when they dont take care of ALL of their customers. Not just those who were crazy enough to preorder in july, wihtout even having a release date set. Edited by FishScale

No they said pre-order was eligible for "Up To" 5 days early and you will still get in on that tomorrow. You have no ground to stand on complaining because they are giving exactly what they said they would. They did not have to give anyone early access but they did and we should all be thankful for that. So basically what i am saying is stop complaining.

Im tired of hearing that they didn't have to give everyone early access, its a stupid point. Personally after this whole debacle I would rather have had them release the game on the 20th with no early access. Also if you are going to stand by that promise so much then why did some people get 6-7 days? If you can break a promise one way you can break it going the other way too.

Overall though none of what I have said above really matters to me, its not that people have gotten in earlier than me its that such a small number relative to everyone else is being left out, I mean whats the point they are just antagonizing a portion of their player base that they do not need to.

Edited by Kormarf