The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

** Unofficial 3rd day EGA wave thread **

qwertly

So far I have been tolerant of BWs decisions regarding this launch. Did I agree with every decision they made? No. But I could see that there was some reasoning behind it that made sense. However screwing the last few days of people make no sense at all, if letting in the last 5% of people will really upset server population and and starting zones so much then I say BW has ****ed up big time. Pretty mad right now if you couldn't tell.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaving 8 days worth of people out in the cold is absolutely absurd. They could finish this with one freakin wave, yet they won't do it. Completely asinine.

Yeah, I agree.

I strongly supported the staggered release, I think it was a great idea that kept populations spread out more. But I'm really scratching my head over today.

Would it have really hurt Bioware to open a few more servers and let that last week of pre-orders in?

There are only 2 answers for this. Either there are ALOT of Dec 7-14 pre-orders ... or they are sticking it to people who waited out of principle. I seriously hope it's the first one.

Leaving 8 days worth of people out in the cold is absolutely absurd. They could finish this with one freakin wave, yet they won't do it. Completely asinine.

Come on, BioWare is hungry, their kitchen staff went home, and they lost the phone number to their local catering company.

Have some respect for the hungry staff.

OK, a little bit too much to ask, as I have no respect for a company cutting short like this, just before they reach their goal.

Personally, I blame the person(s) who decided that BW should be part of EA. It's very clear that the general quality of BW has degraded since their became part of EA.

While i do agree with that (12th dec here), only they have idea how many pre-orders are in those 8 days. What i noticed is that wave 5 (or 6?) ended with december 1st pre-orders.

In 2-3 waves they only made 1 week of december. I do not know the size of the waves, or that were they as big as yesterday (or half the size so they can "make double the waves and look good!").

But, yeah...

Guess this *Unofficial Thread* Just got Deemed *Officially Official!* lol.. My new thread was deleted almost instantaneously after posting it... lol... SO ... In reply to the ppl who were quick enough to type a post faster then the DV. Thank you a ton for your hasty responses I got my answer thanks to ya'll and will probably just play some game or another untill 8am tomorrow... lol =D So for the rest of the Dec Crew still awaiting invite for tomorrow morning Lets Just all hope they at least pity us enough to put up some new servers at that same exact time =P so even though we are late... We still end up *Freshly New* hehe "here's to that Hope" *Cheers*

I'll see ya'll on tomorrow on our New servers *Wink Wink* hehe

I feel more confident now that I only spent $5 on a pre order code and not $60 on retail, will probably end up losing this customer due to this crappy management. If they can't handle a game launch they will most likely fail at the rest. This is an MMO where you play with your friends, well.. all my friends are already playing, and I know alot of us are in the same seat.

Good luck!

All i have to say is "Wow". There are a lot of whiny little children complaining about not being in yet. Just be grateful you are getting in before the 20th which is release date. Any play time before that is just a privilege!!

Actually no I was promised game time before release, yes UP TO 5 days. However respect is more than living up to the letter of your promise its living up to the spirit of it and I really don't feel like a respected customer at all right now.

Edited by Kormarf

How to express your feelings in words to complete strangers over the internet. I'm just sat here staring into space after about 12 hrs of sitting by my completer. Don't get the wrong image of me, i'm not that much of a loser ;). I'm gutted, absolutely gutted. I heard rumors that by the end of today they would of been able to get everyone and i thought if anyone could do it, you could...

Now i know nothing we can say or do will change any of this, your off the clock, you've worked too much, we just have to wait for tomorrow. I guess all that can be said is thank you for all the work you've done so far and keep it up ^^

Such mixed feelings, anger, sadness, gratitude...

Everybody create a new thread petitioning for a bonus wave to get the rest of us in! If everyone does it they will have no choice but to listen to us!!! This is how gov'ts are toppled!!!! Decemberists unite!!!!

Link it...But only if i get to sign it as "Ramon"!

Such a cool name.

Edited by Greaze