Should I Reroll

RocketL

DPS Scoundrel, only level 20. Planning on PvPing, in a PvP guild and all. Not interested in healing since I already have a healer.

So with the nerf coming is it worth it to keep continuing with this character? Or should I just reroll to sorc (dumb strong in PvP) and not waste my time with this scoundrel.

What do you guys think?

Edited by RocketL

I think you should play what you enjoy. Scrapper is being nerfed, but it's not the only class that will be over the coming months. Game is new and has lots of balancing issues. Now that Bioware started nerfing, it'll become a vicious cycle until PvE feels like a ridiculous chore and everyone eventually quits.

Find a class with a play style you enjoy. Don't play a class just because it's overpowered. This is the first nerf of many that will inevitably follow unless they learn to actually balance.

I think you should play what you enjoy. Scrapper is being nerfed, but it's not the only class that will be over the coming months. Game is new and has lots of balancing issues. Now that Bioware started nerfing, it'll become a vicious cycle until PvE feels like a ridiculous chore and everyone eventually quits.

Find a class with a play style you enjoy. Don't play a class just because it's overpowered. This is the first nerf of many that will inevitably follow unless they learn to actually balance.

I think all the classes are fun, I enjoy all of them. I just want to play a character that is actually wanted by guilds/groups, not just ignored.

I think all the classes are fun, I enjoy all of them. I just want to play a character that is actually wanted by guilds/groups, not just ignored.

I've been playing MMOs for 8 years and I can honestly say any group or guild that excludes certain classes just because they might be a bit under par you usually don't want anything to do with in the first place.

Let's say you do reroll though. Eventually the class you reroll to is going to get some..."adjustments", or another class is going to get buffed so it's more popular now. What do you do then? Reroll again and again and again constantly trying to keep on top of the balance game?

I can't see why anyone would enjoy playing the game that way. Better to stick with the class you enjoy the most and just ride the balance roller coaster I say.

I've been playing MMOs for 8 years and I can honestly say any group or guild that excludes certain classes just because they might be a bit under par you usually don't want anything to do with in the first place.

Let's say you do reroll though. Eventually the class you reroll to is going to get some..."adjustments", or another class is going to get buffed so it's more popular now. What do you do then? Reroll again and again and again constantly trying to keep on top of the balance game?

I can't see why anyone would enjoy playing the game that way. Better to stick with the class you enjoy the most and just ride the balance roller coaster I say.

Even if u enjoy the class u play, atleast the mechanics how can u be get fun if u are excluded from partys ? and see ur underpower even when u try to kill anithing. I enjoy damage from scrapper and i dont wanna stay was *********** healer was my only option ! is that enjoy the char ? be resumed to a worst healer class on game ? iam not rerolling i will wait till i get tired and then quit... i am only upset because one of the less played class is getting nerfed first! when i see sorcs getting u to 0 hp in 5 sec before u can reach then!

Even if u enjoy the class u play, atleast the mechanics how can u be get fun if u are excluded from partys ? and see ur underpower even when u try to kill anithing. I enjoy damage from scrapper and i dont wanna stay was *********** healer was my only option ! is that enjoy the char ? be resumed to a worst healer class on game ? iam not rerolling i will wait till i get tired and then quit... i am only upset because one of the less played class is getting nerfed first! when i see sorcs getting u to 0 hp in 5 sec before u can reach then!

I have a static for operations and HMs, so I'm not going to be 'excluded from parties.' I don't think the nerf is so bad that your group will suddenly be unable to beat rage timers due to YOUR damage. Also, there are viable specs for pve than full scrapper or sawbones, so maybe learn to play your class as something other than a one trick pony.

I have a static for operations and HMs, so I'm not going to be 'excluded from parties.' I don't think the nerf is so bad that your group will suddenly be unable to beat rage timers due to YOUR damage. Also, there are viable specs for pve than full scrapper or sawbones, so maybe learn to play your class as something other than a one trick pony.

Sorry if u already have a position in ur group/guild but some dont have! since theres alot better class´s that output u in every camp ( damage or healing ). Playing hybrid ? ur not a full damage or healer *** u are then ? Maybe u should learn that diferent tree´s goes for the meaning of diferent play styles if i want damage and burst i go scrapper if i want to be a heal pet ( bad in comparation of others class´s ) i go sawbones and theres dirty figth that is a fail spec for scoundrel in any camps still good for long durations figths or maybe not! but with this nerf is better going for healling spec for pve, SOMETHING that i dont like ( and thats my choice or opinion ) the post i made before is about playing a class in the way u like ! ( besides u ever seen han solo healing anyone xD ? he gets gets princess leia in the game u get risha thats also a princess)

Sorry if u already have a position in ur group/guild but some dont have! since theres alot better class´s that output u in every camp ( damage or healing ). Playing hybrid ? ur not a full damage or healer *** u are then ? Maybe u should learn that diferent tree´s goes for the meaning of diferent play styles if i want damage and burst i go scrapper if i want to be a heal pet ( bad in comparation of others class´s ) i go sawbones and theres dirty figth that is a fail spec for scoundrel in any camps still good for long durations figths or maybe not! but with this nerf is better going for healling spec for pve, SOMETHING that i dont like ( and thats my choice or opinion ) the post i made before is about playing a class in the way u like ! ( besides u ever seen han solo healing anyone xD ? he gets gets princess leia in the game u get risha thats also a princess)

No, I don't play hybrid in PvE, I play full on Dirty Fighting. It works just fine, so if the nerf to flechette round really causes you problems, maybe consider making the switch for now until they do something to address the problem. It's definitely NOT a 'fail spec for scoundrel.' PvP is still an issue using Dirty Fighting unless you find an effective hybrid with Sawbones, however, so it kinda sucks if Scrapper becomes undesirable for PvE.

I'm not disagreeing with you about sawbones. It's not nearly as efficient as sage or commando, and it really needs to be fixed. Also, you said in a previous post that you hated sawbones, which is why I said there were other options. :p Of course that's your choice.

Edited by Devhyn