Are Augments supposed to work like this?

Stankeye

My wife wants a +Cunning augment for Vette. She is level 21.

Ok I have slicing at 400 on my high level Bounty Hunter I can do this for her.

I have done numerous missions. I have so far about 8-10 + Defense 8-10 +Shield, 2 +Aim, 1 +Will, 2 +Str, 2 +End, 7-8 + Presence, 7-8 +Alacrity, a couple of +Crit, one +Power.

ZERO +Cunning. I can’t imagine doing this for different ranks in the future as it costs me bout 600cr for each one of the above Rank 2 with no results. I can’t sell these on the GM as most are not used by anyone and I don’t think there are that many tanks with open augment slots that all the defense and shields would be needed. I vendor them for 45cr so only a loss of 500+cr :p

This system seems ridiculous.

Anyone else find it this time consuming and difficult?

I had a +Cunning Aug from one of my Slicing missions republic side... I remember I gave it to one of my Smugglers to put into a belt that he had an Aug slot for.

I know they exist. It's just stupid difficult to get a particular +stat you want, and it seems you end up with bunches you don't need.

I'm keeping a lot of them for alts and companions but it's filling up my cargo hold.

There is just not a large enough market for augments, at least not the low level ones. The proc rate and amount of critically crafted gear on the market is very small. Compound this with the fact that it is just plain easier to run Flashpoints and Ops for gear that is superior to the crafted gear with the augment slot, and you have a minuscule market.

Now I do believe top end crafted gear with a top level augment is close to par with some of the games top end raid gear, but again the market is quite small.