"Eve of Destruction" broken?

Thug-Ra

So, I'm utterly stuck on the second objective of the quest "Eve of Destruction". I go to the point where I'm supposed to "Mark the Aegis Base Generators", but there's nothing to interact with, and using the flare results in "You are not eligible for this conversation".

I've cleared the entire area. I've restarted the game. I've logged and relogged and relogged some more.

Can someone explain this to me like I'm an idiot? I'm so frustrated here that I'm ready to cancel this damned game, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO damn sick of game breaking bugs where you have to consult six different forums just to find an answer!

When you mouse over the item, does the cursor turn into an actionable hand? If not, you haven't done the prior one. Also, look up. There's three things you have to mark for destruction before you can open the door.

Yeah, it was the second objective of that series. Problem was the object had the right color and a mouseover tooltip, but clicking did nothing, at any range.

It eventually fixed itself, but took multiple client restarts.

• 1 year later...
After watching the you tube video, I witnessed the distance the sniper was at and went half-way up the ramp to point my rifle at the Generator area and the mission continued, BUT!, after the screenplay I was put into the area directly to the right of the ramp which had NPC's in the area, so clear them away from the spot first; you can also paint the generators in that area also.