The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I want to use Shoulder Slam!!

ZeusThunder

On my Shield Tech.

Seriously, this should just be in the Shield Tech tree somewhere around 20 points to get. Obviously the requirements for the target to be stunned should be removed, as well as it not being useable in PvP. That would make tanking in PvP a lot more enjoyable.

This topic is always brought up. Every single class has a skill like shield slam, the skill it self is works like its suppose to. Its just a skill that is used against non elites to give you that "epic" feeling and that's all. It's highly unlikely they will ever change this skill because its always been this way. Every class says the skill is useless in both pve and pvp but its a skill more used to lvl / full around with.

It's useless because it doesn't work. I leveled it fully and had it on my hot bar and it was NEVER lit up... therefire never used.

I'd love to use it as a 3rd close range attack... Rocket Punch, Ret Blade, Should Slam would be a super combo.

Z

I haven't used this skill in so long that I've actually completely forgotten that I have it.

The sad part is this skill would never be retooled to be useful. Powertechs could really use an extra stun ability since we get... one. One and a half if you count the 2.5 seconds on carbonize.

I used it when I was leveling or now that I'm doing dailies. A good combo is Unload + Shoulder Slam on a normal target. If you hit it while they are stunned from Unload it will pretty much kill them outright. For strong targets you can use it after Electro-Dart or Mako's electric beam stun. Doesn't do much damage on strong's but meh. Not saying it's extremely useful but there are definitely situations that it can be used. Would be nice if they changed it to be usable in PvP or Raids as well. Doubtful though.