assault advice (build and rotations)

schwiz

I am wanting to play around with assault spec for pvp, currently I am gunnery and love it but just want to change things up. How about some tips? Here is the build I'm thinking about.

http://torguild.net/calculator/trooper/commando/?p=00300000000000000000203001000000000000000303322221023032031

I think my basic plan would be throw assault plastique whenever its up, hammer shot to keep snare up, and then just spam incenderary round and high impact bolt whenever its up. Is that all there is too it? Am I missing something?

PvP my rotation is: Assault Plast. > Hammer/Incen. Round > HiB > Full Auto > (HiB if Proc) > Hammer until full ammo > Charged Bolts > (HiB if Proc) > Hammer unitl Full Auto off CD > (HiB if Proc) > Reapply Incen round if needed / hammer> Loop

Sometimes I save Assault Plast. for a finisher against sorc/stealthers.

Elsewise If I'm not following this pattern I'm just tabbing through all the enemies in view and applying Incind. Round to prevent caps/bombs.

Edited by Alfwich

I think my basic plan would be throw assault plastique whenever its up, hammer shot to keep snare up, and then just spam incenderary round and high impact bolt whenever its up. Is that all there is too it? Am I missing something?

No and Yes.

Gunnery is the one that jumps up and down on one skill button most of the game. Assault fires Incendiary ONCE lets it burn for the 18 seconds and refreshes it when it goes out. It doesn't stack, most of the damage is the burn and it costs 3 ammo.

The point of incendiary is (1) the long burn is good for the 9% buff on many of your attacks

(2) on low health targets the DoT gains 30% more damage (3) it really messes with players trying to do PVP objectives as damage resets any objective attempt and it will tick for 18 seconds unless they cleanse.

So start with Incendiary before any bullet attacks. Fire off assault and HiB whenever they are available.

Matter of choice what you do around that.

I personally like to open on someone with a massive damage burst then keep up pressure til they drop.

Tech Override, Reserve Powercell, Plasma Grenade, Assault Plastique, High Impact Bolt, Incendiary Round, Full Auto, Cryo Grenade, Stockstrike, Hammer Shot, Concussion Charge if they start casting something (we have no interrupt remember).

That's the burst over, now Hammer Shots and use Assault, HiB and maybe Stockstrike whenever they are free. If Incendiary burns out, fire it again, no spamming though.

If they're not a tank and not shielded they're ****ed.

For general pressure and nibbling at multiple players rather than nuking a full health player solo, incendiary round, assault, HiB and as much hammer as you like as and when you can is fine, if someone turns out to be tougher than desired, swap to another player. Just like PVE, take out the weaker adds first :p

Edited by Gyronamics

Well you have the core of it and the ones on the edges of the tree are kinda personal preference.

One thing is I'd put 1 less in Soldiers Endurance and put 1 in Heavy Trooper instead.

Same health boost but now 3% bonus to healing on yourself.

Nice catch thanks!

Edit: Ok I tried the spec out and its a blast for sure. A lot differnt play style than gunnery.

Edited by schwiz