Smuggler's Fortune (spoilers)

TWEWYFan

So I just completed Chapter 1 of smuggler's storyline and I'm a bit confused.

So my smuggler finds the Drayen treasure, which is apparently small enough that he and his companion could carry it all out in one trip. He is told that what he found is very valuable and he is now much richer. Then things proceed to Chapter 2. I was under the impression that this treasure "rich enough to retire wealthy" big yet nothing seems to have really changed.

Did I miss something? Is my smuggler wealthy now? If so, what is he doing with the money? Did he lose it? Was the fortune not as big as was initially described? Don't get me wrong I like the direction the story is taking and I can see the narrative value of the last chapter, it just seems that the resolution was a bit abrupt and didn't seem to leave much impact.

Ah....Heir to throne of some planet, rides on your ship, with the proof that she is in fact a princess. Your rich man. Just cash her in.

Other than that the story said you'll be rich....The game said....Here have this little trinket from the quest giver.

Don't worry latter on you get jacked out of a King's Ransom as well.

Edited by Aleious

They made a point of saying the royal trinkets I found were valuable, but they never really showed any impact from that.

Personally, I like to think my smuggler took all the credits he made, put them together in a large pile, and swims in them like a Star Wars version of Scrooge McDuck. It's not like the game gives me anything better.

Tell me about it, also talk about one of the last mission called heist of a lifetime, deep into the enemy's lair and only 6-7k for it??? Even though I did split the share, but even then, 14k????

Edit: the quest is called 'heist of the millennium'

I like to think the money is kept in safekeeping going towards Risha and my future kids education or she's spending it behind my back...

Edited by deanth

While I havent played a Smuggler, I do have a 50 trooper. I've noticed that things such as what you are talking about dont really have an impact on the game. It's a singleplayer experience with MMO restrictions. Like the time my trooper..

was captures by these rebels or imps (dont remember which), the screen went to black, and it said some time had pased. However I was in a holding cell 2 feet from where i was standing, fully armed.

I eventually walked out of there as if nothing happened. I blame the scope of the game, covering so much but unable to fully flesh out each story as it should it.

While I havent played a Smuggler, I do have a 50 trooper. I've noticed that things such as what you are talking about dont really have an impact on the game. It's a singleplayer experience with MMO restrictions. Like the time my trooper..

was captures by these rebels or imps (dont remember which), the screen went to black, and it said some time had pased. However I was in a holding cell 2 feet from where i was standing, fully armed.

I eventually walked out of there as if nothing happened. I blame the scope of the game, covering so much but unable to fully flesh out each story as it should it.

Ya I understand that this is a singleplayer experience with MMO restrictions, so they can't

give me a million credits or godly weapon/gear. But for a game that's heavily dependent on and advertised for its story, it needs SOME kind of explanation for the disparity. I find it disappointing when the story just moves on and pretends that I'm filthy rich from the treasure.

Edited by MilkPudding