RIP Ian Abercromble

Elgarr

Wrong Ian. Abercrombie was Chancellor Palpatine in The Clone Wars series. Ian McDiarmid played the same character in the 4 of the 6 movies. (5, if you count his image and voice being dubbed into the re-released Empire Strikes Back.)

Psst - he actually did star in other movies. That's why they call them MOVIE stars... That's their jobs.

Psst - he actually did star in other movies. That's why they call them MOVIE stars... That's their jobs.

Yes, I'm very well aware that Mr. Abercrombie did other work aside from The Clone Wars (specifically, he's better known for hiis work in the TV series "Seinfeld", though I remember him better from his role in "Army of Darkness".) However, it was my thought at the time was that the OP may have been under the impression that the same actor did the voice of Palpatine in both TCW and the movies, to which I clarified that it was two different actors who share the same first name.

Yes, I'm very well aware that Mr. Abercrombie did other work aside from The Clone Wars (specifically, he's better known for hiis work in the TV series "Seinfeld", though I remember him better from his role in "Army of Darkness".) However, it was my thought at the time was that the OP may have been under the impression that the same actor did the voice of Palpatine in both TCW and the movies, to which I clarified that it was two different actors who share the same first name.

I believe you were correct in the sentiment that the OP believed Ian Abercrombie played Palpatine in the films; at least judging from his initial post. Either way, it is a great loss to lose Abercrombie.