Gpu temp

Nadroid

I am running 2x screens on my 560Ti OC Edition, and i have idle at around 49 Degrees, only game that has managed to push me above 70 is crysis 2 on "MOTHER****ERSOREAL" settings with both screens active, if i turn off 1 it will easily drop down to 60 ingames, you are fine at 75 degrees no worries.

Also make sure you turn vsync - ON, or else you might get something like 200fps and its unneeded load for the GPU as you will see no difference between 60 and 200 fps.

I can't get V Sync to turn on. It appears it only works when playing in full screen mode.

Edited by Mandrax

These words always increase my temperature...

Strange as it sounds not all stress test actually stress your system all that much.:rolleyes:

I can't get V Sync to turn on. It appears it only works when playing in full screen mode.

I would recommend playing in fullscreen, better FPS.

Also Vsync reduces heat by a lot though I am not sure if they fixed the bug in SWTOR.

(It didn't activate if you put it on, had to remove it click apply and add it again).

Edited by TheHauntingBard

My 560Ti runs between 70 and 80 degrees in SWTOR, it's usually at 74ish. This is with fan speeds between 43 and 50.

Some areas increases gpu load for a short time which increases the temp for a short time. If it goes above 80 I would manually increase the fan, below 80 I just have it on auto.

No need to worry, graphic cards are built to handle this heat.

For Vsync in window mode, play full screen window mode. You can't have vsync turned on in high settings for some reason, you have to select custom (which is the same...).

Edited by Tekkoclarky

GTX560 ti temp in a good case

Idle 46 °C

Load 75 °C

I would start to worry about 90 °C. Your card won't burn or anything, but you might decrease the living time of the card.

New graphics cards today are made to handle over 100 °C. If it's too hot it will shut it self off.

What is your temp in the case. You might want to take a look at the airflow in your case aswell.

I'm watercooling all components in my rig, and my GTX 580 is at 34C idle and up to 52C at full load (when playing at 2560x1600 resolution usually with most settings maxed).

Watercooling is still the way to go!

GPU's can take alot of heat compared to CPU's.

My gtx 570 goes up to 60-70C in battlefield 3. Swtor shouldn't make it alot hotter though.

yes its not the GPU temps one should worry about so much as the VRMs(voltage-regulators) on the GPU. u can use GPU-Z or Everest to check your VRM temps

Just flipped the side case fan to point directly at the card instead of pulling air out of the case GPU temp dropped 5C at idle 15C with gpu fan cranked up to max.

So my plan is when I go into SWTOR to crank the video card gpu to 100% while im playing then set it back to auto during everything else.

I’m running two of those in sli, 66 and 60 under load with fans slightly above normal.

Granted they are rated for 99c but if they got to 80 I'd not be happy, not only because they shouldn't really need to get that high but also that extra heat has a knock on effects on other components. Reason I keep mine down in the 60’s.

I'm watercooling all components in my rig, and my GTX 580 is at 34C idle and up to 52C at full load (when playing at 2560x1600 resolution usually with most settings maxed).

Watercooling is still the way to go!

I agree. My numbers are taken out from websites who tested the the card with normal cooling.

But you are right. I prefer watercooling aswell :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.