Unlimited Power!

TheLonelyTusken

He was that clone...

No matter who bad a book or how poorly written it is, its still canon.

actually it's not.

George Lucas says it doesn't happen.

LUCAS: "I've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, I never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after Episode VI, which isn't at all what I would have done with it. The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story. Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned and Luke doesn't get married..."

it fits into the continuity but it's not canon.

If you want to ignore the word of George Lucas thats fine but you can't ignore the word from the movies. Anakin brings balance to the force by kiling the emperor. Therefore if he is cloned he never brought balance and thus that contradicts the movies

When I came into this thread I thought it was going to be about Darth Malgus's Unlimited Power technique which instantly wipes the entire group if not interrupted...

I'm not sure on how to answer yours, though.

Do you mean what events infer his power or how he came to be so powerful?

If it's the former we have mindwiping the burying of the Lusankya from the inhabitants of Coruscant, summoning and controlling fleet destroying and planet killing force storms, the ability to enhance his physical capabilities via the force to beyond human capacity, he knew the methods that Darth Nihilus used to drain a planet of life but controlled it and usable across galactic distances, he had mastered essence transfer which rendered him essentially immortal except for the meddling of the most powerful Jedi ever, Galaxy-wide battle meditation, oh and my favorite is shooting lighting around a room to kill an entire company of Stormtroopers in one go without hitting his Royal Guardsmen who were fighting in the middle of them (that has style).

If it's the latter, then it's because Palpatine is the culmination of two-thousand years of amassing power and wealth by in a master-apprentice cycle that ensured that should the apprentice succeed in usurping his master he would always be wiser and stronger than his predecessor. Oh and simple raw power didn't hurt either.

Hahahah you make me laugh :)

No, he didn't. His clone in that horrible, wretched, unreadable Dark Empire series did.

He essence transferred into those clone bodies. The "Spirit/Soul" is the same Emperor that took over the republic. It's the same guy. He "possessed" the bodies.

JarJar. According to Lucas. The entire EU. Both old republic and post ROTJ is considered a seperate universe according to Lucas. Going by that logic debating about TOR is meaningless as well. George does not see it the same as his continuity. "EU Canon" Sidious did switch into clone bodies. Movie only Canon. He did not. Movie only Canon. Revan didn't exist either.

Edited by Rhyltran

actually it's not.

George lucas says it doesn't happen.

Lucas: "i've left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no episodes vii-ix. That's because there isn't any story. I mean, i never thought of anything. And now there have been novels about the events after episode vi, which isn't at all what i would have done with it. The star wars story is really the tragedy of darth vader. That is the story. Once vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the emperor doesn't get cloned and luke doesn't get married..."

it fits into the continuity but it's not canon.

If you want to ignore the word of george lucas thats fine but you can't ignore the word from the movies. Anakin brings balance to the force by kiling the emperor. Therefore if he is cloned he never brought balance and thus that contradicts the movies

i love you !

Worth it for just making you see your "God" sidious wasn't all that.

If TOR doesn't exist and post ROTJ doesn't exist. Sidious is still the most powerful Sith. Your logic is flawed.

But your logic always has been. The issue is that you hate when someone claims Sidious is more powerful than Revan. You automatically assume Sidious is the favorite character of anyone who states this. My favorite character isn't Sidious. Not even close. My favorite character is Obi Wan Kenobi. Who can't even beat certain characters from the EU but that doesn't change the fact that he's my favorite character. The problem is you dislike what is fact.

We've shown you many sources that this is fact. Some of the people who admit to it being fact also admit that they don't like this fact. You let your own personal bias get in the way of accepting the facts and instead get upset over it.

Edited by Rhyltran

By his logic, your precious Revan wouldn't exist.

No quite teh old republic is defenitly canon but has teh advantage that dont interfere with G canon ( george lucas canon movies) While the continuity novilization of the EU the C canon makes alot of contradictions.

The old republic is considererd continuaty canon off course

G (George Lucas) canon is absolute canon. This category includes the final releases of the six films, the novelizations of the films, the radio dramas based on the films, the film scripts, and any material found in any other source (published or not) that comes directly from George Lucas himself. G canon outranks all other forms of canon.

C (continuity) canon refers to the main body of EU work, and is the next most authoritative level of canon. All material published under the Star Wars label that doesn't fall into either G, S, or N canon is C canon and is considered authoritative as long as it isn't contradicted by G canon.

S (secondary) canon refers to older, less accurate, or less coherent EU works, which would not ordinarily fit in the main continuity of G and C canon. For example, this includes the popular online roleplaying game Star Wars Galaxies, and certain elements of a few N-canon stories.

N continuity material is also known as "non-canon" or "non-continuity" material. What-if stories (such as those published under the Infinities label) and anything else that cannot at all fit into continuity is placed into this category. "N-continuity" is not considered canon.

And Old republic canon doesnt contradict in anyway with the movies at all , being taht predates their time frame

Edited by Spartanik

Not quite. the old republic isnt a continuity of the events in ROTJ. It predates by a long shot the time frame of the movies, wich in fact makes it much more acceptable, and it realy do not interfere with the canon of the movies.

And im pretty sure Old republic is canon story wise. as well any other video game, licenced by lucasarts, and lucas films. The EU novels on the other hand were never made or licenced by lucas arts in the first place.

The EU novels ARE licensed by Lucas Arts and must go through Lucas Arts in order to get published. In fact, again, Leland Chee was hired specifically to handle Canon. Both Pre-Clone Wars and Post ROTJ. He wrote the rules of Canon and is endorsed by Lucas Entertainment.

On top of this GL has to green light ideas. He's told the writers what characters they can kill and what characters they can't. He's come in and told them "You must kill this character off." Such as the case was with Anakin Solo. He told them Luke, Han Solo, Leia, etc couldn't be touched but gave the green light to kill off Chewbacca. He also came up with the idea behind Dark Empire which was going to be radically different until he decided to change the plot himself.

Edited by Rhyltran

Not quite. the old republic isnt a continuity of the events in ROTJ. It predates by a long shot the time frame of the movies, wich in fact makes it much more acceptable, and it realy do not interfere with the canon of the movies.

And im pretty sure Old republic is canon story wise. as well any other video game, licenced by lucasarts, and lucas films. The EU novels on the other hand were never made or licenced by lucas arts in the first place.

What he said.

The EU novels ARE licensed by Lucas Arts and must go through Lucas Arts in order to get published. In fact, again, Leland Chee was hired specifically to handle Canon. Both Pre-Clone Wars and Post ROTJ. He wrote the rules of Canon and is endorsed by Lucas Entertainment.

and one of the rules is that what George Lucas says is the final word.

George says there's two universes. I guess that means there's two sets of Canon then aye?

G (George Lucas) canon is absolute canon. This category includes the final releases of the six films, the novelizations of the films, the radio dramas based on the films, the film scripts, and any material found in any other source (published or not) that comes directly from George Lucas himself. G canon outranks all other forms of canon.

C (continuity) canon refers to the main body of EU work, and is the next most authoritative level of canon. All material published under the Star Wars label that doesn't fall into either G, S, or N canon is C canon and is considered authoritative as long as it isn't contradicted by G canon.

S (secondary) canon refers to older, less accurate, or less coherent EU works, which would not ordinarily fit in the main continuity of G and C canon. For example, this includes the popular online roleplaying game Star Wars Galaxies, and certain elements of a few N-canon stories.

N continuity material is also known as "non-canon" or "non-continuity" material. What-if stories (such as those published under the Infinities label) and anything else that cannot at all fit into continuity is placed into this category. "N-continuity" is not considered canon.

Pretty much But i find the novilizations contradit the most with G canon then the Old republic canon licenced by lucas. Im pretty sure KOTOR and all the olderepublic canon is C canon meaning it realy happen. Edited by Spartanik

Pretty much But i find the novilizations contradit the most with G canon then the Old republic canon licenced by lucas. Im pretty sure KOTOR and all the olde republic canon is C canon meaning it realy happen. So yeah revan existed. sidious bending Windu lightsaber and toying with Yoda? not so much because contradicts G canon.

It doesn't contradict G Canon. Prove without a doubt that Mace wasn't about to drop his Lightsaber. Show me evidence based entirely on the movie. Or show me evidence that Sidious was not toying with Yoda. Not just evidence. Proof. For it to contradict you must be able to prove it.

First off the rules you listed only do this. If it contradicts. THAT contradiction isn't Canon. However, everything else that doesn't is. You can't go "This and this and this contradict therefore everything else isn't Canon." Prove that the existence of Mara Jade contradicts the movies. Or prove Luke training new Jedi conflicts with the movies. They don't. So they're Canon.

JarJar. You still haven't refuted my point. George said everything the writers made is a separate universe. Therefore, he is admitting the existence of it. Therefore. It is canon in a separate universe. Lucas has stated this. Therefore it's true. Therefore all that's clear based on the canonical rules is that this seperate universe must not contradict what is established by Lucas or it's rendered non-canon.

Lucas won't make further movies because they're not part of his movie canon. If he made further movies that contradicts what's been established. What has been established is non canon but currently there is no contradiction.

Edited by Rhyltran