Re-modding Champion gear

Drysdale

So I have this Sorc guildly that is replacing enhancements in his Champion gear with crit/surge and just completing raking in pvp(dps or heals).

So I'm looking at my champion gear and would end up replacing accuracy and power with crit surge. Would this be a good way to go?

Anyone tested this? I know there's no combat log/math on it, but just from testing in mutliple WZ's. Would this be worth it.

It's not quite that simple. You take all of them to a certain point, and then leave others for your personal playstyle.

I don't know all the math involved, but I do know diminishing returns happens quicker on crit than it does power. You wouldn't want to just overload on crit and surge and ignore the other stats.

Personally, as a Pyro - it makes more sense since most of our damage comes from DOTs to go heavier into power than crit. Heavier than, say, an Arsenal merc would at any rate.

This is just what makes sense to me as an MMO-veteran...that a DOT class would want "spellpower" instead of "crit chance" overall. Crit chance is better for burning down one target - but power is better for wreaking havoc on multiple targets over time. Personally, I avoid 1v1s whenever I can, and do the vast majority of my damage against targets that are already engaged with my teammate. I end up floating between 30 and 40 kills with only 10-13 killing blows. I make my team stronger overall rather than being a one-man army. I get my assassin medal for sure, but I don't go out in search of 1v1s ever. They find you, and you have to deal with them...but I don't search them out.

Sorcs are so damn powerful, they are the bane of my WZ existence, not because they kill me a lot...but because they often stop me from killing my targets and force me to retreat. If I run around a corner and see two Sorcs running my way, I turn around and go somewhere else. Maybe if I wanted to go heavy into crit and be more of a single-target destroyer, I wouldn't run...but I swallow my pride and choose different targets...and my team is better for it overall.

What it boils down to is - I'll be ramping crit up until I have 36% with Hired Muscle, then I'll spec out of Hired Muscle so I'm sitting at 30% crit overall. Then I'll be stacking surge until it soft-caps and the rest into power.

I'm not the be all end all of stat gurus, obviously, so if someone showed me why I'm taking the wrong route, I would not be ignorant and go against hard math.