Being Knocked out of Stealth when there isn't a mob around..

Aimlessgamer

Ok I am tring to do the part of the quest chain Crystal Ball where you invade Lord Loyat's Stronghold. Everytime I get a few steps into the room where she is I get some sort of targeting thing on me and am knocked out of stealth.

There is no mob near me and when it happens mobs from across the room aggro to me.

Is this a bug or do I need to go in there unstealthed and not be able to CC the frakking elites of strongs and pray that Tharan can keep me up?

Edited by Aimlessgamer

Many elite+ droids and some elite+ organics are able to detect you in stealth at a greater distance than when you are out of stealth. Weird? Very. A bug? Most likely. It has been around since Beta and I'm sure BW knows about it, but for now there is not much we can do except make use of Blackout or avoid stealthing near bosses etc. Edited by sollinton

This is not the same bug, but you may also find that using Force Cloak (your in-combat stealth) will put you right back into combat after a second or two. This is usually because either you or your companion had some sort of DoT that an NPC placed on you guys before you activated Force Cloak. This is not the only cause but it is one of the only causes that can be avoided, so if you find yourself Cloaking away from combat make sure no one has any debuffs on them beforehand.

Is stealth bound to "1" in the top left position of your first bar?

You might notice that you will cast/attempt to use anything that is bound there if you right click multiple times.

Took me a while to figure this out.

In that prison area on Ilum, the Imperial Prison Officers are the ones seeing you. The Wardens don't appear to be any better at stealth detection than any other mob. I had the same problem, and with a bit of messing around discovered it was specifically the Officers that were doing this.

It did not bother me that there were mobs that had significantly better stealth detection, but it does seem a bit silly that they see/aggro steathed characters from farther away than if you just walk up to them unstealthed. I dont know if it's a bug or not, but it is rather ridiculous.

its not a bug in this location.. You will see a red targeting reticle on you and then bam .. unstealth. The officers will look around and then point at you then you get unsealthed. its a pain but its just part of that area..

It's annoying, just get through it quickly.