Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Chat Bubbles

PurpleCliff

As long as there is an option to remove them.

There's nothing more irritating in a MMO than chat bubbles.

I know. I was wondering why this has been the only MMO where I've seen this many posts about chat bubbles, then I saw that SWG had it.... Explains it all.

I don't care if they put it in, let me turn it off.

EDIT: CCCCOOOOMMMMMBBBBOOO

Double EDIT: And the damn droid ruins it again....

Edited by AlucardsSoul

Bubbles just help knowing easily who said what without having to try to match up names and characters... it shouldn't really appear in all situations.. like cutscenes and such. And of course it should be optional. I love chat bubbles.

I know. I was wondering why this has been the only MMO where I've seen this many posts about chat bubbles, then I saw that SWG had it.... Explains it all.

I don't care if they put it in, let me turn it off.

Many more MMOs have had it, among them the biggest of them all. And every one of them I have ever tried also had an option to turn them off. I think chat bubbles (and the option to turn them off) are just a standard MMO feature as are mail, auction house or quests.

Also: Allow chat bubbles not only on /say chat, but also party and raid.

Yes, this definitely need to be added. Also, they should make text from /say white to differentiate it from the grey /general chat text.

Pick your own colors, problem solved.

Chat bubbles are silly. Use VoIP. Or read the chat box, thats why it is there.

Edited by Herbalist

Pick your own colors, problem solved.

Chat bubbles are silly. Use VoIP. Or read the chat box, thats why it is there.

Translated: "I do not need or like this feature and I don't want to have to waste 3 seconds turning it off, so no one should have it".

Every serious suggestion of this feature implies or explicitly states that there shall be an option to turn the bubbles off. It's what every MMO with bubbles has done so far.

As much as I would like to have the bubbles in, I would like to see the option to turn them off. I don't understand, why in all threads about bubbles it end up in argument, what chat method is better, instead of asking for more freedom of choices.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.