The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I can't take the pointless travelling between planets...

ShonaChaos

Let's say for instance I'm on a planet and i want to go to the next planet...

I start off on planet A... I have to run through the pointless space station that for some reason looks the exact same on every planet...

I think I then have to zone into the hangar of my class... then I have to run all the way to shuttle or whatever...

Then for whatever reason I'm now on a pointless orbital station... god dammit! So I have to run to the next point where I have to zone... now I'm in a goddamn airlock??? jesus Christ when will I get to my Spaceship...

Ok cool I'm finally on my spaceship... oh my god I wish my stupid droid had something else to say other than the same 5 lines every time I zoned in... I wish he would shutup already!

Ok cool, finally I'm ready to go to the planet I want... what the hell I'm in the goddamn airlock again... awesome I'll just run through that again for whatever pointless reason...

Jesus Christ I'm on another orbital station. I guess I'll just spend more time running to the stupid shuttle... is there even a point to this stupid orbital station other than pissing me off...

Cool I'm finally on the planet I want... oh Jesus tapdancing Christ i have to run through the hangar again... oh look I zoned into the exact same space station again? is this even a different planet or am I on the same one? Guess I'll have to run through this generic space station to see what planet I'm on...

All that time wasted for no reason...

My point... please for the love of god BW... make travel between planets less painful...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should have made it like SWG when traveling in between planets. Just go to a starport terminal at any starport click then chose where to go and be done with it. Impossible to go help someone Pvp on some planet when it's going to take 2-3 minutes just to get to the planet.

Lets say I am in one city and I want to travel to a different city. I have to get in my car drive down the road.... you getting my point. You ppl and your "I want to just click and go here, then click to go there." Maybe MMOs aren't for you.

Lets say I am in one city and I want to travel to a different city. I have to get in my car drive down the road.... you getting my point. You ppl and your "I want to just click and go here, then click to go there." Maybe MMOs aren't for you.

Pal, I waste enough time going places IRL anyways. If I am playing a game, I want to get places and get things done.

One of the above posters is correct. They should put in an option to fast-travel or to go to a spaceport and select where you want to go and GO there, bypassing all the orbital station and spaceship crap.

Really? You think the travel between planets is fun? Or even remotely engaging? Or does it make you want to stab yourself in the head with a fork?

This is supposed to be a fun game... not a drive from Los Angeles to San Francisco.

Really? You think the travel between planets is fun? Or even remotely engaging? Or does it make you want to stab yourself in the head with a fork?

This is supposed to be a fun game... not a drive from Los Angeles to San Francisco.

I have no problems with the travel. I expect to have to travel from planet to planet and place to place. If you want to be BEAMED from place to place there is a game for that.

Well then,lets go with your example;

-enter taxi,drive halfway to airport...

-get out,walk for10 minutes,then take another taxi the rest of way to airport..

-walk to the terminal furthest away from entrance..

-get in a small plane that flies you to another airport...

-walk from one end of that airport to the other,just so you can take the elevator up one floor.

-walk back across the entire airport get on the plane you really wanted..

-once that lands,reverse the prosess to get where you are going...

Now,are we having fun yet? :confused:

Edited by Agobi

Don't argue realism in a video game, it's a losing battle. Unless you want to reroll every time your character dies.

The solution is simple: go play a FPS. You obviously have no interest in the immersion the travel system provides, which is important to those of us who actually care about RP elements in the game.

Is whatever you're doing so tremendously important that you cant take the time to use your ship and need to insta port all over the universe in a completely unrealistic way?

I just don't get why people who are only concerned with completing tasks as fast as possible like little robots even play MMOPRGs to begin with.

Well then,lets go with your example;

-enter taxi,drive halfway to airport...

-get out,walk for10 minutes,then take another taxi the rest of way to airport..

-walk to the terminal furthest away from entrance..

-get in a small plane that flies you to another airport...

-walk from one end of that airport to the other,just so you can take the elevator up one floor.

-walk back across the entire airport get on the plane you relly wanted..

-once that lands,reverse the process to get where you are going...

Now,arewe having fun yet? :confused:

Haha no , you just described my life :)

When I finally kick back and play , I wan't to pvp or run some FPs

I enjoy the travel system, no need to be in such a hurry.

I enjoy realism as much as the next guy, but if we're really travelling between planets it probably takes light years. Are you really going to sit at your computer for the next 3000 years waiting to arrive on the next planet? No, of course not.

If given the option to fast-travel between planets or do the whole orbital station/airlock/hangar crap, which are you going to choose? I don't think anyone actually 'likes' it, they just tolerate it because they have to.

The solution is simple: go play a FPS. You obviously have no interest in the immersion the travel system provides, which is important to those of us who actually care about RP elements in the game.

Is whatever you're doing so tremendously important that you cant take the time to use your ship and need to insta port all over the universe in a completely unrealistic way?

I just don't get why people who are only concerned with completing tasks as fast as possible like little robots even play MMOPRGs to begin with.

Isn't that a bit like forcing RP elements on others though? Can't you just stand there for 10 minutes and pretend you are waiting on your flight to arrive?

You can blame the game that made everyone think the "real fun" starts at "end game."

Since most of these people came from there, they just want Bioware to roll over and make it just like the game they came from, except with lightsabers.

I admire Bioware for NOT focusing most of their resources on "end game." Games should be fun from the first level!

Thank you Bioware!

Edited by sciiwalker

Isn't that a bit like forcing RP elements on others though? Can't you just stand there for 10 minutes and pretend you are waiting on your flight to arrive?

They only like the immersion if it is a burden on people who don't share their views.

Why do you assume I'm not a hardcore MMO player? I actually can't stand FPS games. I enjoy levelling a character and being part of a community. I wouldn't even mind going from the planet directly to my ship, then going from my ship to the planet... the airlock/hangar/orbital station stuff is just so incredibly pointless and time-comsuming. It's not that I'm overly busy doing anything else. It's probably the same reason I don't re-buff myself with the 60 minute buff before every single fight, I don't see the point...