Gear and Appearance

Airic

As a brand new 50 Sentinel I have come to the wonderful conclusion that the Sentinels PVP gear is FUGLY!!!!!!! no not just fugly..... Horribly FUGLY!!!! and I'm trying to figure out why the devs have made the decision to make us all look the same.

Why not make the actual appearance of a piece armor have nothing to do with the stats on the armor? They already have a system in place with the mod slots but unfortunately the most important stats are built into the armor itself. Making someone like me who enjoys to PVP, forced to choose the exact same look as every other Knight.

I really hope the devs will address appearance soon or we will be running around playing CLONE WARS instead of Star Wars.

What amazes me is that MMO developers are willing to copy mechanics off of each other, even the terribly bad ones, yet really, really nice mechanics, such as LotROs wardrobe system, are ignored.

The way it works in LotRO is that you have your equipped gear in your main character sheet. All your bits with their stats on in one place like TOR & every other themepark MMO. You also have several 'Cosmetic' tabs. In each of these you can create different outfits by dragging equipment on to them - they have no bearing on your stats but when they're activated you can look how you want without sacrificing statistics.

It's something that is very popular in LotRO and, as looks & the feel of our characters is incredibly important within an MMO, it is rather important.

Whilst my primary use for it was for RP, people just like it so that they can look 'good'/'cool' whilst playing.

Something like an appereance tab would be nice but I think it could be done differently using SWTOR's existing modification system. Why not make it possible to actually adjust all of the gears stats? Including armor rating etc. This would allow the players to keep gear they like.

Alot of the high end gear does look terrible, plus we are set for lvl 50 attack of the clones... it'll be like being lvl 1 again.

Another reason i wonder what i'm working towards. There needs to be 2 or 3 different LOOKING sets of high end gear per class.

SWG had an appearance tab!!!!!! If SWG's engine and devs could manage it I think Bioware should be able to also.

Agreed. For me, I didn't play SWG. LoTRO had a similar function though. You could equip you character with cosmetic items such as backpacks, dresses, or robes (or old stat gear, with lesser stats than your current). The gear was equipped "above" you regular gear: You hid the apperance of you gear but kept the stats, armor, etc.

The perfect equipment system for a better RP-experience.

Something like an appereance tab would be nice but I think it could be done differently using SWTOR's existing modification system. Why not make it possible to actually adjust all of the gears stats? Including armor rating etc. This would allow the players to keep gear they like.

They've already said that they will modify the endgame gear and allow players to move the mods in moddable gear (set bonuses and pvp stat as well).

Just make all the gear in the game orange with all slots removable. Problem solved. Well actually it doesn't solve people getting 1 boss down in a raid every week for a full set of raid gear but I see no issue with that. It takes them a ton more time to get the same as someone who can do a full clear.

What amazes me is that MMO developers are willing to copy mechanics off of each other, even the terribly bad ones, yet really, really nice mechanics, such as LotROs wardrobe system, are ignored.

I actually like the orange system better, it feels like my blaster since level 10 or my gear that i'm constantly upgrading.