taunts, heal agro and other out of whack systems.

i taunt, the healer heals me, the healer gets ALL my agro, i use threatening scream to try to gain some sort of control. i get agro back he heals me again, and since the healer is half life from the previous barrage is goes down quicker than pamela anderson. mean while my taunts are on cool down. exaggeration? I wish. this happens every hard mode or regular. Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but it doesn't seem like it. I can't make cool downs or heal agro change since I am not a dev, this system seems out of whack and makes tanking hard modes such a chore and not remotely enjoyable.

if someone can perhaps give me some pointers on how to over come this it would be appreciated or bioware can actually fix whats wrong before spitting out new content?

I do not have this problem.

Don't taunt until the mob changes targets. Save threatening scream for when he changes a 2nd time.

If your party can't take 1 to 3 shots from a boss before you take aggro back, they need gear.

If you continue to find you're having trouble, you need to work on your feel of your party. I have a good idea of when my strong dps is going to pull from me, I hit my taunt just before that's going to happen and still have threatening scream for if the healer takes aggro.

Might check your own gear as well, the healer shouldn't have to heal you that much. You have defensives, use them. You should also have medpacks.

Yes the most important thing is to put Guard on your healer and keep him close

Next always try to use your aoe's to hold agg.

Rem as a tank on a boss u want to use some of your ++ to threat hits not worry about dps unless u have built enough threat

if u keep your guard on your healer and stay close enough that he can use it he will never get agro.

tanking 5-6 mobs at a time never seems to work great for a melee tank but its all about area dmg anyways u can also use your stun to pile them close together bet every time your aoe is up you should be using it.

if your healer is taking dmg or any other part member just guardian leap to then use your threat and force leap (not sure what its called for sith) out.

its hard to keep them all together for regular mobs but also in an Operation everyone should focus fire and also let you jump in first. if they are not then be sure to tell them that they should.

if this doesn't fix your problem i suggest not tanking anymore :( (but i think u can do it just keep trying and u will figure it out)

You have to realize that a taunt is not an aggro generating move in itself - rather, it will only taunt a mob off someone else by leveling off your threat with their own.

So, if you start a fight with a taunt, that does pretty much nothing. Which would explain why the healer would pull almost immediately. If you taunt again, you're now in line with the healer's aggro, but still not generating any of your own, so when he heals again he pulls again.

The short answer, it's you.