Need help and advice

bunkys

I am having problems getting past a class quest lord Praven on Tatooine. This is where my character and companion are at right now.

Level 30

Have upgraded his armor with any drops, and upgraded kira’s armor with drops.

Put all my skill points into combat.

Have Upgraded sabers and kira’s with drops.

Went to weapons and gear vendor on Tatooine and could not find anything better for either character.

This is what I have on my bar for fighting.

Strike

Slash

Leap

Sweep

Rebuke

Zealous strike

Kick

Master strike

Heroic moment

Stasis

Zen

Some med buff

When I go into fight Praven, I send in Kira to Tank first and try to wait for his first spell. Then I start with a force jump, then stasis, then master strike, then zealous then kick to try to interrupt a spell which I usually mistime. Then I just try to use something on my bar that is available. The first combos work great, but then because of cool down I’m left with a bunch of attacks that don’t do much damage. Obviously I am not using my skills to their full advantage and I need help not only for Praven but all bosses in the future on combo’s and other ways to improve.

I really enjoy the game and storyline but I am 4 or 5 levels above the mobs and it shouldn’t be this hard should it? Any advice or links would be greatly appreciated.

I don't really remember the Praven fight. I just know I liked killing him the least RP-wise - he was cool.

I do know I used T7 instead Kira until mid-30s. If you can get him some level-competative green gear, he'll hold Praven's focus almost twice as long. Kira tends to drop like a sack of bricks if a cold wind blows across her face.

Anything he casts, kick. I don't remember if he does or not, but as there was no gimmicks that made me lose the fight, there's not a specific ability that I regretted interrupting.

Other than that, pretty sure it's straight forward.

Ok, a couple points and then I'll let the better players here comment and help you out.

Gear: On Tat there is a comms vendor that will most certainly provide some gear upgrades, at least for Kira, if all you're wearing right now are drops. Also, there is a Specialty Vendor that no doubt has a saber upgrade or two for you that most certainly will be upgrades if all you're using are drops.

Your rotation: You're Combat spec'd, and yet you don't mention using Blade Storm. Blade Storm MUST be in your rotation. It may not make the biggest difference to you right now in this particular fight, but the sooner you get this ability burned into your rotation the better.

Your form: Are you sure you're in Ataru Form?

I also suggest reading through the primer here on the forum -- Some good tips, tricks, techniques, builds, etc

Edited by photoheathen

Make sure when you force leap in you're using it as an interrupt as well. The key with all the story fights is to interrupt them. Also make sure you're using Saber Ward then using Heroic Moment to reset the cooldown on Saber Ward again.

I'd recommend respeccing to Watchman until at least L40. Watchman just seems to perform so much better <40 than Combat in my opinion, and the huge decrease in Kick cooldown will help you loads.