Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

When the game goes live on the 20th...

Ggregttt

None of the above.

All characters remain.

All servers remain.

This is technically launch, just without a physical product or a retail key.

Just, one thing I never understood, why do people use TOON when they mean digital avatar, or character, or residual self image?

What did everyone start on toontown or fusionfall?

None of the above.

All characters remain.

All servers remain.

This is technically launch, just without a physical product or a retail key.

Just, one thing I never understood, why do people use TOON when they mean digital avatar, or character, or residual self image?

We say TOON for the same reason we say ftw and roflmao. No one wants to take the time to say digital avatar. I usually say CHARA though. Too lazy to type the extra cter.

No this started in Everquest, toon is very short and easy to say and not easily mistaken for other words like char.

yes it means, that everyone who exploited the warzone bug will be all level 50th and getting ready to do the same with a new character.

oh wait, they already most be rerolling a new character to 50 as we speak.

Edited by Ariadna

while I hate the term myself, the term toon is derived from before WoW; can't recall the specific game

D2 had me using the term char and I think I'll stick to that

Definitely been around a long time, back to the early days of MMO gaming.

There is also "rolling" a new character when we don't actual roll dice and half a hundred other little phrases like this that have crept into the language over the years.

It's quite fun sometime trying to decipher what people are actually trying to say... :)

Definitely been around a long time, back to the early days of MMO gaming.

There is also "rolling" a new character when we don't actual roll dice and half a hundred other little phrases like this that have crept into the language over the years.

It's quite fun sometime trying to decipher what people are actually trying to say... :)

Rolling a character dates back to dungeons and dragons. Toon came around after WoW. Since WoW looks like that kids game toontown adventures I can understand why they call their characters "toons".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.