Maintenance on USA and Europe servers in the same time? Very bad idea

exrollex

Hi everyone. I don't know whether there was a thread with such issue, but I think it's important to say. BioWare, please, divide the time of maintenance on USA and Europe servers! USA gamers could not notice the maintenance on servers such as Europeans. Cause on USA servers patches are instaled in night time. In Europe in this time there is a day. And it's very annoying. Think all European gamers will agree with me. Thx for attention

This is definitely something that needs to be addressed. People working all week want to relax and enjoy playing the game in Europe too, however today we have a Saturday daytime maintenance. That is very bad for customer relations between Bioware and the EU customer base.

Well I am a customer in the EU and I for one find it extremely annoying that the US customers are mostly sleeping when the patches are implemented, whereas on GMT etc. :(we really notice the long downtime.

Please do something about this issue Bioware.

Thanks in advance.

Unless they split the game into regions and have people buy the game the same way wow does, then it is IMPOSSIBLE to do it.

Dude, stop posting same crap arguments on all related posts to European servers patch times.

The European servers are hosted in Ireland and last time I check the country did not move to American continents nor did it switch to PST. It's in bloody Europe and it should not be like this.

While I agree that having planned-for server downtime on a weekend is an exceedingly bad move, the timing of server maintainence cannot please everyone in every timezone.

At the end of the day, server maintainence timing has to come down to the question of "When would it be most convenient for the dev team to roll out updates and patches and make sure they are installed and working properly?"

People need to stop thinking like their location or timezone is a privileged one and should be 'protected' from server maintainence.

While I agree that having planned-for server downtime on a weekend is an exceedingly bad move, the timing of server maintainence cannot please everyone in every timezone.

At the end of the day, server maintainence timing has to come down to the question of "When would it be most convenient for the dev team to roll out updates and patches and make sure they are installed and working properly?"

People need to stop thinking like their location or timezone is a privileged one and should be 'protected' from server maintainence.

Well as a developer/team lead I never plan to patch servers during day time (customer zone day time). I really do not think that my location is privileged, but they should take account for time zones since they have servers dedicated to different regions.

Dude, stop posting same crap arguments on all related posts to European servers patch times.

The European servers are hosted in Ireland and last time I check the country did not move to American continents nor did it switch to PST. It's in bloody Europe and it should not be like this.

Good job completely misunderstanding what i was saying, or the reasons behind it.

Hello everyone,

We value your thoughts and feedback regarding Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ and recognize that a lot of players want to discuss how patch times are effecting European players. We ask that you join the discussion that is already in progress in this thread so everyone can participate in the same ongoing conversation and we can keep the forums tidy.

We will now be closing this thread, but feel free to carry on in the linked discussion. Thanks!