EU Patch times

II-GADGET-II

What I find exacerbates people's anger at these random, extended maintenance times (stretching into prime EU hours), is the fact that Bioware/EA fail to state what they are fixing/patching until after said event.

Also, one of my bug bares is the line ''thank you for your patience'' in their official statements/tweets. You can plainly see that there is a growing majority that would like answers and rather than it being assumed that we will be patient time and time again. 5 1/2 hours on a Saturday morning and early afternoon is just ridiculous.

Ah, yes. We thank you for your patience. We thank you for your understanding.

These lines makes my blood boil, because it makes assumptions on my state of mind. I am not patient. I am not understanding. Nor am I obligated to be. These remarks are condescending rubber stamps, just as insulting as any number of pre-generated responses from a Community Support that rarely - if ever - reads a single ticket in a full day's work.

Come on - don't even react to these fanboys who defend BW. They just want to troll and actually do not understand that this really is bad service.

BW failed on so many levels now, that it is a wonder, how anyone still can defend them. I think the reason they still do is, that they would have nothing left, if they agree that the release of SWTOR and the customer service are a failure.

Back when I played WoW (oh so many years ago now), EU and US maintenance was split. Did they change that?

Nope, why should they? They used this schedule since start and ignored the cries of the ppl. BW uses another schedule and may or may not listen to ppls complains. But there are always two sides.

And yes, of course, it's an imperfect world, but surely playing the game at reasonable times of the day beats any potential benefits of being 4 hours behind in content?

I didn't mean to disagree to that, but i already hear the whines of ppl complaining, like they do in WoW since 2.x till now. I can live with both ways.

Hey, has it ever occurred to you that maybe the only ones complaining here are the European players that are treated like crap? All other respectable MMOs do the patching and maintenance according to the servers time zone. No one cares that they have to patch, but they should fix their own **** on their time and money, not on the customers time and money.

Jeez, stop being such a band-boy and have some spine and demand quality for your money. Who cares that it's just $10 per month, it's your money and if you are allowing this it means that it is the same for you if you buy a broken car and get to use it only on weekends instead of having a fully functional car for the same amount of money.

Have some self respect and respect other players' opinions.

Take a look at my profile. Then repeat what you said.

Come on - don't even react to these fanboys who defend BW. They just want to troll and actually do not understand that this really is bad service.

BW failed on so many levels now, that it is a wonder, how anyone still can defend them. I think the reason they still do is, that they would have nothing left, if they agree that the release of SWTOR and the customer service are a failure.

There is a little difference between defending obvious failures and just different perception. If you don't have anything to say on topic, why bother writing anything? ;)

Patch notes are up:

1.1.0c Patch Notes - 1/28/2012

General

Improved service to reduce the number of player disconnections to the character selection screen.

Clearly worth blocking all EU users from the majority of the day and disrupting the early birds to fix this critical issue outside of regular Tuesday maintenance.

Clearly.

I didn't mean to disagree to that, but i already hear the whines of ppl complaining, like they do in WoW since 2.x till now. I can live with both ways.
Obviously because it doesn't affect you. If you're ambivalent to the issue; Why are you here again?

Compare the two: Hardcore basement-dwelling raiders with more disposable time than good sense getting 4 hours behind their competition vs. virtually every single user in all of Europe not being able to play on what can only be considered prime time (relative to the same time on weekdays, anyway).

It's hardly a subjective issue or an issue of who whines the loudest.

Edited by Luckmann

Take a look at my profile. Then repeat what you said.

I will not repeat since I would like this post to make it through. Give me a PM with your email and I'll send you these kind of things daily via email if you wish.

Being from Europe does not excuse you blocking other people complaints with arguments that lack substance and even common sense.

Hello everyone,

We value your thoughts and feedback regarding Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ and recognize that a lot of players want to discuss how patch times are effecting European players. We ask that you join the discussion that is already in progress in this thread so everyone can participate in the same ongoing conversation and we can keep the forums tidy.

We will now be closing this thread, but feel free to carry on in the linked discussion. Thanks!