Cylinder selection?

Mondavian

each cylinder is based for each talent tree you go down.

each talent tree will provide a boost to each cylinder and thats how you determine which one you use

obviously the combat support cylinder is for healing since it allows your rapid shots to heal and you'll get talents that will interact with it such as one allowing your rapid scans to add to the cylinder's charge and theres others that are effected

the high velocity cylinder will provide reduced heat to rail shot, and also vent 8 heat when using your primary abilities for that tree when they crit. this is for the arsenal tree

combustable gas cylinder is the pyrotech's cylinder of choice due to the fact that the tree heavily relies on the targets to be on fire and this will do the trick, along with many of the talents will give benifits to this cylinder

you can think of the cylinders as the different stances to the bounty hunter as to which role they'll be playing

each cylinder is based for each talent tree you go down.

each talent tree will provide a boost to each cylinder and thats how you determine which one you use

obviously the combat support cylinder is for healing since it allows your rapid shots to heal and you'll get talents that will interact with it such as one allowing your rapid scans to add to the cylinder's charge and theres others that are effected

the high velocity cylinder will provide reduced heat to rail shot, and also vent 8 heat when using your primary abilities for that tree when they crit. this is for the arsenal tree

combustable gas cylinder is the pyrotech's cylinder of choice due to the fact that the tree heavily relies on the targets to be on fire and this will do the trick, along with many of the talents will give benifits to this cylinder

you can think of the cylinders as the different stances to the bounty hunter as to which role they'll be playing

While this is true for the most part, High Velocity won't give you any benefits until you get deeper into the tree and actually buy those benefits. Trust me, you want your targets to catch on fire from Combustible Gas until you get Tracer Missle, at early levels High Velocity will do nothing for you and without fire procs from Combustible Gas you may as well take Rail Shot off your toolbar. Sure Rail Shot isn't great, but it's a decent instant cast ability and the OP was asking for best dps

Edited by Unfoldingsquid

You get TM by level 20. I don't remember anthing that did not die within an few seconds without Combustible Gas... Really I don't maybe it might have gotten me a Minute or so overall... Besides, Mako frequently uses a DoT that allows you to Railshot.

Seriously, until you get to twenty, it's pretty much the same. After that, its about the Tree you use.