Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

BioWare remind me why you want me to pay a sub for this?

United_Strafes

Oh no need to welcome me I won't be here past march.

You should check the forums / the game back in August. Maybe they have added something worthwile for you until then (new Storylines which you said to have enjoyed).

Think of it as a normal title with DLC.

You finished the game (now) dont want to replay it. And in the future they add more DLC which you can buy for basically 15$. As soon as they have enough DLC added which you are interested in - resub for 1 month and then quit again until they bring out "new DLC which is worth it" again.

Edited by Zocat

WoW had two raids and no battlegrounds at launch. The game had been wiped clean for months before a third raid was added.

People always say don't compare WoW and ToR yet here is someone comparing them.

Also WoW on launch didn't take me two weeks to reach level 60. TOR took me about 10 days and that was without rushing or skipping dialogue and trying to finish the planet story arcs. WoW took me around 6 or 7 months to get to 60 and after that I worked with a guild of people to get ready for high level content running LBRS and Scholo eventually farming fire resist gear etc. There is no grind or progression in TOR I'm already in full 136 gear and have crafted Rakat gear and took up Biochem and have my reusable medkit and stim.

Really Vanilla WoW had me working for a goal while TOR doesn't and don't say "go back to WoW" as a defense because that just means you have nothing to reply with.

TOR has a LOT of content for a launch.

WoW had two raids and no battlegrounds at launch. The game had been wiped clean for months before a third raid was added.

TOR has something WoW didn't, though: A MASSIVE amount of replayability.

Edit: To clarify, I always level slow.

I currently have a level 32, a level 21, a level 15, and two level 11s. I've tossed some other characters I didn't really like that much. Overall, I enjoy the leveling a LOT, and I'm not bored in the slightest with the game.

TOR has less replayability than WoW. Doing the same planets in the same order with the same side quests on every character does not constitute good replayability.

WoW had way more replayability than TOR does because you could level characters in multiple zones in the same level range. You could literally level two characers without ever touching the same zones on both of them (until 60+ that is).

Edited by Gungan

Hello all,

We have a thread in place on this topic that this discussion can continue in. You can find that thread linked below. To help consolidate discussion, and keep things organized, we are going to close this thread now.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=224036

While we ask that you please continue your discussion in the above linked thread, please ensure your posts are constructive, on topic, and respectful.

Thank you.