Operative healers we are not completly useless after all.

phoenixlink

As an operative healer i was a little concerned that i was going to be rendered useless due to sorc heals.

However after my first 2 nights of 16man NM Ev ( which we completed :D)

There is a job for Operatives in operations. and from my experience it is this.

Mobile Emergency heals and Tank life support.

First of all trying to mass heal like a sorc is not the operatives job not will it ever be.

i would rather see faster cast times , a larger energy pool or a vastly improved energy regen rate on the diagnostic scan.

and being able to cast our shield probe on other would also be handy.

But anyway back to the point.

No matter how many sorc heals you have there are going to be times when your tanks and dps start taking massive spike damage. and this needs to be dealt with quickly.

And who has the fastest and most mobile heals in the game . We do. who can heal while moving We can.

Our job is to heal tank primarily and secondary dps and other healer damage.

whats the best way to do this.

From my experience. we be on the move constantly. trying to keep as many people and the tank is range as we can.

and utilizing our most important resource Tactical Advantages.

If you can help it at any given time you should have the full 2 ready to go.

this is easily achievable able by casting kolto probe on your tanks and melee dps in a good rotation to generate TA's when you see the boss gearing up for an attack. spam 2 KP , then immediatly get ready to spam Surgical probe.

yes it may not heal for as much as your injection but it is faster. and if your target is below 30% health you get another free probe so instantly at the minimum you have 3 probes to heal with. healing and hopefully critting the 3-4k mark .

at that point a BH or Sorc has hopefully finished their casting. if not 1-2 immediate KI to finish the heals and generate more TA.

at this time yo will spam DS to recover some energy and you rinse and repeat.

and that from my experience is our job saving people who've been hit hard by healing them fast and hard. and remaining mobile to keep people in range and offer heals on the go.

(p.s)

I found 4 man healing to be fairly good with my Op healer. rarely did a situation arise where i was out of my depth due to me healing. party reliability can be another matter.