So are Consulars/Inquisitors immune to Huttball Hazards?

QuietGoneJinn

Every single game I see this by them (on my team and opponent's) :

Run through their own side's flames, through their acid pool, grabs Huttball, run's through second acid pool, through other side's flames, and score. Their health never falls below 70%.

How is this possible? Some kind of exploit? I basically hit the acid/flames for 1 second and my health is pretty much below 60%.

The less time you spend in acid and fire, the less damage you take.

The Consular and Inquisitor can use force speed to reduce the time they are in the hazard.

Therefore, they take less damage. The bubble allows them to be protected for the short duration they cross the hazard.

You only take one tick of damage from the acid if you Force Speed and jump at the right time. Probably can even do it while taking no damage (seem to recall doing it a few times) but it's not like an extra 800 damage matters.

Force Speed can usually get you through a fire pit while taking 1 tick of damage (~3000). The only thing a bubble is for when it comes to fire pit is if you want to find a way to pop it intentionally (blind from bubble pop).

I don't think you can guard enviornmental damage, but even if you can, having 2 guys burned for 7500 isn't necessarily any better than one guy getting burned for 15K if there's any enemy around.

What gets you through the traps is Force Speed not the bubble.

Bubble blocks 3000 damage, which is one tick in the fire pit. The acid trap snares you (unless you're using Force Speed). When I first played Huttball I didn't know about the acid so I tried to walk directly across it, and I end up with like 2K HP. Since the damage done by acid is constant, this means you take 10K damage to walk directly across the acid pit. So bubble saves you 3K, but you'll still be missing about half of your HP you actually tried to walk across it without Force Speed.

The acid trap snares you (unless you're using Force Speed).

From what I've seen speed buffs/debuffs seems to be additive. Which means the acid pit still snares a sage/sorc but...

Normal run speed is 100%, the acid pit snares you 50% leaving you moving at 50% run speed. Sage/sorc sprint adds 150% speed, huttball carrying/acid pit snares you 50% leaving you still moving at 100% above normal run speed.

Mostly this is from what I've gathered playing sentinel with transendence, both the 50% and 80% (watchman) movement speed versions. The snares from either are not really noticeable as Sage using sprint.

They need to add a snare if you walk through the flames, this would stop Sorcs/Sages from just turbo'ing threw them and scoring easily...

This. It's mildly irritating to fight a hotly contested Huttball match and a clothie scores a cheap goal by effectively avoiding the hazards while everyone else is bound by their dangers.

Edited by ulukinatme