The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So how is this class doing?

Zuesy

Hi, so i rolled my alt as an Inquisitor today and dont know where to go adv class wise but i am leaning more towards the sorcerer. Firstly my main is a Powertech so i havent had the option to heal yet, also there seems to be more assassins than Sorcerers. I've heard people saying Sorcerers are a very good class all round and ive heard people say assassins are weak in pvp but for all i know it could be the opposite. So is this adv class the way to go? Thanks for any advice ;) (I'll be doing PvP and PvE

go the stealthy version, you actually benefit from your weapon instead of just waving it around , and if you do get a battlemaster version you pretty much have it made...

Also sorc is terrible in pvp since it's so damn visible with all those lightnings.

My main is a sorc and it is without a doubt the best in pvp imo. I always finish in the top one or two damage wise and you can also heal and defend your allies effectively even in a DPS spec. Have not played assassin yet so I can't really say much, however i've never lost to an assassin 1v1 in pvp, and i'm not even 50 yet.

Assassin's are undoubtedly tougher though. You have the option of stealth to run away, and you can also spec as a tank. Sorcs have force speed, but often that's not enough to get away, especially against a ranged attacker.

EDIT: One thing I didn't mention is sorcs are not quite as good in PVE unless you are a healer. We are fairly easily killed if your tank is ineffective which seems to be common in this game.

Edited by DarthNasty

EDIT: One thing I didn't mention is sorcs are not quite as good in PVE unless you are a healer. We are fairly easily killed if your tank is ineffective which seems to be common in this game.

Then you're doing it wrong. Playing a DPS Sorc Khem Val is your only companion (whereas a healer spec would want a DPS companion). Place a Static Field on Khem Val and he becomes a complete ****** who will survive just about anything by the time you DPS down your foes. Even in DPS spec, you can still heal him easily enough while throwing some stuns at the enemy to slow their damage output. DPS Sorc works really well in PvE. Also, if your companion is ineffective, it could also likely be the case you're not giving him good enough gear...

Then you're doing it wrong. Playing a DPS Sorc Khem Val is your only companion (whereas a healer spec would want a DPS companion). Place a Static Field on Khem Val and he becomes a complete ****** who will survive just about anything by the time you DPS down your foes. Even in DPS spec, you can still heal him easily enough while throwing some stuns at the enemy to slow their damage output. DPS Sorc works really well in PvE. Also, if your companion is ineffective, it could also likely be the case you're not giving him good enough gear...

He means in dungeons/raids and he's right. once we're focused without a tank to help we're ****ed.

Other than that Sorcs kick ***. I love my sorc to bits :)

I'm a happy camper all around, the vibe from the MMO is excellent as the voice work really adds some depth to the story line and quests. I'm also loving the Sorcerer class, historically I've always played Meele i.e. LOTRO, Diablo, Rift, WOW etc.. but this games implementation along with the story line is making this class awesome. Realizing there's nerfs/tweaks etc.. down the line I find I have a very high level of faith in this game and where it's going. Also really iking the PvP (I play on RP PvE Server)