So many abillities! Need advice.

Vitadell

Hello, everyone. I am very new to this game and have started playing on an Bounty Hunter which I chose to be an Mercenary on and have so far specced in to the Arsenal talent tree. I am only level 13 or 14, so I guess the talents doesnt really matter yet. The issue I currently have is that I have so damn many abillities on my action bars already that it scares me! I currenly have only 4-5 free spots left, and will still learn A LOT more before I reach 50. I have already enabled the second actionbar in the middle...

Can you give me some advice? What is useless etc?

The biggest piece of advice you can take from this is learning to use other keys other than 1-9 to use abilities. I only use w a d to move. I bind my Q. E, R, T, f1-f4, and mousewheel Dont forget to use shift and alt modifiers as well. Basically when I keybind whatever character I'm on, only from using 1-6, q e r t and my f1-4 buttons, I have 28 available binds to use that are in very close proximity of my hand and are readily available.

The biggest piece of advice you can take from this is learning to use other keys other than 1-9 to use abilities. I only use w a d to move. I bind my Q. E, R, T, f1-f4, and mousewheel Dont forget to use shift and alt modifiers as well. Basically when I keybind whatever character I'm on, only from using 1-6, q e r t and my f1-4 buttons, I have 28 available binds to use that are in very close proximity of my hand and are readily available.

well i use the q e f and r buttons, I also have a G700 gaming mouse (logitec) which gives me 4 buttons on my thumb and three buttons to the left of left click. I use the thumb buttons for TM (just because it is used so often) and my "on the run instants". I use the buttons next to left click for knockbacks and stuns (with one stun on the toolbar as i have 2 knockbacks and 2 stuns due to spec).

Generally i use 1234qedfr and my mouse alowing me to be moble and easily reach anything i need

pro tip: link the side bars to hot keys so that your 1-9 are still usable if needed

i dont like changing the f1 to f4 keys because i do backup healing sometimes and it is handy for getting a friendly target.

Follow what the above poster said and enable your left and right toolbars as well...your going to need them. There are no wasted skills as a merc btw.

edit...ok...shoulder slam is pretty useless.

Edited by Hadlis