The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Supercommando gear question

Sizar

So the Supercommando set has the 4 piece set ability as an added 5% damage output whenever you are guarding someone. My question is does this added 5% only come into effect when your in guarding range of said ally? Or can I just throw it on anyone, run off to the other side of the map and kill guys whilst still enjoying the added 5%? Not that I would do that strategy anyway as I am more about winning than killing, hence using the Parakeet Build, but it would be nice to know if I need to pay extra close attention to where my guarded target is and how close I am to him.

Thanks!

(4) Increases your damage dealt to players by 5% while you Guard another player.

Unfortunately, as it states, it only works while Guard is active, since once you exit the 15m range, Guard breaks. Thus, you are no longer guarding someone.

Edited by OnanDU

If you could stay in range all the time of your guarded target and swaped out the tank mods/aguments in the supercomando with dps one out of dps set would it end up being a dps gain?

A DPS gain over what? The 15% crit bonus to Rocket Punch? More than likely, yes, it would. But that's more or less impossible to tell without combat logs to see what percentage of your damage is coming from Rocket Punch.

it would, except that the supercommando doesn't emphasize the dps stats (crit, surge, accuracy) without mixing in defense and other crap. so in reality, supercommando is a netloss of DPS

You can actually just replace the mods in the supercommando gear and it will be identical stat wise to the dps gear, so all you are really comparing is the different set bonuses.

Unfortunately, as it states, it only works while Guard is active, since once you exit the 15m range, Guard breaks. Thus, you are no longer guarding someone.

What do mean guard breaks? You may not be intercepting damage but both you and the other player will still have guard up. I don't know how many times I'm alone with someone defending a node and I can't guard them because someone has left guard on them.