Best PvE Solo spec?

CDSzafraniec

Hey guys,

Started my BH, want to go Powertech. Endgame ill respec into whatever im doing the most of, pvp or pve. Lots of threads on those.

But for 1-50, im going to do mostly solo pve, and the pvp daily quests.

Whats your favorite spec for leveling up?

Pyro seems like it would lack the staying power for the tougher mobs, but does shield tech take forever to kill anything? The Carolina Parakeet seems to be pvp based, and I see the benefits in pvp and pve raiding for the dedicated Shield/Pyro builds...

What build iss going to make me and Mako tear through the galaxy?

Shieldtech can solo heroics? Thats appealing. This time through the game I wasn't going to sweat missing the heroics, and try to put my OCD aside, but if I don't have to thatd be great.

At the same time, im coming from a healer, and id watch other classes mow through groups of mobs that I had to slowly burn down....

Shieldtech can solo heroics? Thats appealing. This time through the game I wasn't going to sweat missing the heroics, and try to put my OCD aside, but if I don't have to thatd be great.

At the same time, im coming from a healer, and id watch other classes mow through groups of mobs that I had to slowly burn down....

Well, even a Pyrotech can solo most Heroic 2's, if you're sensible about it.

Heroic 4's might be a handful for a Shieldtech, and some of the hardest ones will likely still require a group, but I think a lot of the moderate ones should be fine, so long as you're not trying to do them when the mobs are +2 or anything.

On my operative healer I found soloing heroics to be counterproductive exp to time unless it was something I could do a quick stealth cap single fight on. That said you have to do at least 1 for your id.

I've levelled shield into the low 20's ona pyro currently arround 27 I plan on switching to a pyro spec for faster killing. It meets 2 timelines, the timeframe I'll have mako geared into blue modded oranges as well as what look to be the better DPS talents. Shield killing isn't slow with mob health at this point.

intended level 27 pyro - http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301ZZfuMdzh.1 (largely pve kill time focus) If I don't see alot of benefit from that in PvE kill time gonna try a shield tech AP build to reduce flamethrower CD.

(good damage multi target AOE for pve questing concept), the 6 second CD on flamethrower will let it work into a quick kill rotation. I think it may clear the average trash faster as a result. Would use it in ion stance to trigger my railshots off rocket punchs. http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301ZZfuMdzh.1 , I think temporarily this might be faster AOE spam killing than even full pyro at the time. but not once you can get into rain of fire and firebug. although 3 seconds off flamethrower is a 33% DPS increase for it and rain of fire is only 9% (still expect CGC and other benefits of pyro to be far better then.) SO perhaps a 3-4 level spec.